How much gain?

Options
Just wondering, how much weight can you actually put on in a week? Not water weight, fat. I went on a family holiday last week, ate stuff I don't normally touch and didn't count my calories for 4 days (had ice cream sundaes, Chinese takeaway, biscuits etc) I have come back feeling so fat and miserable. I haven't weighed because it's nearly that time of the month. But my question is, is it possible I have actually gained weight or is it all in my paranoid head?!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yep, you can have gained fat, but the majority will be water.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You need to eat 3600 calories over maintenance to gain a pound of fat. That's the quick and dirty science of it. So, did you eat that? Then yes, you could have gained fat (and you probably put on some water weight as well from the sodium in that take-out). Eat at a deficit again and it'll go away.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    That scale ain't gonna bite ya!
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I know but I never weigh myself the week before my period as I retain water a lot
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jellytot3 wrote: »

I know but I never weigh myself the week before my period as I retain water a lot

so just get back to a deficit and weigh yourself next week
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    jellytot3 wrote: »

so just get back to a deficit and weigh yourself next week
    This and then you'll know

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have been on holiday for a week, i have gained 5lbs, i am not panicking as i know its the salt/water ( and some fat) weight, i am looking forward to weigh in this weekk so see what falls off and wat sticks then youll know what was water weight - i will admit my diet was atrocious i dont think i ate healthy once but hey it was a holiday,