Recent C-section and other restrictions

Options
Hi all.
I used the app regularly with the (successful!) weight loss after my so in 2013-2014. Due to some serious complications I was basically the designated couch potato for this most recent pregnancy.
Had my baby on the 2nd (4 weeks ago ish) and had a repeat c-section. I feel great, and I'm itching to run, squat, lunge, lift, and all that jazz again!
But I know there are restrictions. I also have an umbilical hernia from the pregnancy.
Is any form of exercise safe right now? Besides walking?
My diet hasn't resumed to it's original strictness but pumping is helping keep some of the weight off until I can exercise again.

The docs aren't super informative...

Replies

• englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    They say it takes about six weeks to heal, it is major surgery, I'd wait a couple of weeks to be sure and start off light. Congratulations
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Wait a few more weeks before you do anything, even fast walking. Probably wait several more weeks if not a few months before lifting or targeting abs. And make sure to get the ok from the dr first (mine wanted no heavy lifting and ab workouts until 6 monts post op for repeat c-sections). Had an internal stitch open several weeks after a c-section, and it is not something you want to experience, trust me. Plus it will set recovery back a lot. I was not even back to exercising at the time, just not restricting daily activities.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Have you asked doctors

And hell no...minimum of 6 weeks, post-partum check

Until then walking
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had four csections. Please be careful. 6 weeks minimum but walking is ok.
    Congratulations!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ummm....NO

you need to WAIT.... you are healing on the INSIDE, deep deep inside.........

if doctor says walk, then walk...slow and gentle

jeez.....its only been four weeks and u had major major deep gut opening surgery....

take this time to rest and heal!!!!

QFT