Options
    These online calculators are wildly inconsistent

Ugh

Heart rate monitor time

Thanks for taking time to give some good feedback

• Snesopp
    Snesopp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Using a number like 32cal/mile doesn't work for everyone. Someone weighing 60 kg are gonna use alot less than someone weighing 90 kg on that mile.

And you're gonna do alot more miles on a racer than a allrounder, but the effort on the pedal might be the same?

Anyways. My polar watch said I used around 975 on 13 miles (mountain bike)

Decent lifter, but beginner on endurance. 40/30/30 keeps me happy for now.

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I just hit my protein goal and fill the rest of my calories out with any old nonsense. I also Intermitent fast for about 18 hours a day. It's far from optimal but seems to work. :)
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Been eating avocado and almonds daily...I use coconut oil to cook with, but having a hard time meeting my fat requirement. Do you have food suggestions?

Butter, girl! Cheese!

I'm training to be a long distance runner and I've noticed a big uptick in my performance since I've hiked up my fat and protein intake.
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Distance runner and triathlete and I Oly lift in the off season. 40 C/ 30/30. I only started tracking macros a couple of weeks ago. I'm a no-meat athlete and I tend to come up short on protein and go over on fats. But I'm starting to get everything tweaked in the right direction. I feel a lot better since I cut back my carbs a bit.
  • jchite84
    Options
    ffbrown25 wrote: »
    Been eating avocado and almonds daily...I use coconut oil to cook with, but having a hard time meeting my fat requirement. Do you have food suggestions?

Butter, girl! Cheese!

I'm training to be a long distance runner and I've noticed a big uptick in my performance since I've hiked up my fat and protein intake.

What are you training for @ffbrown25 ?

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    180-200 grams of protein/F and C can be whatever.

Jerk.

#feastmode
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't really go by percentages, but it ends up being 47% carb, 26% protein, 27% fat. Kind of obscure, but my goal is 2150 calories (260c/68f/125p). I set up my own macros and I typically start off which protein (1g/lb body weight; a tiny bit more in my case), then make sure I'm getting at least 250 g carbs [during maintenance], and 25-30% fat. Any remaining calories default back to carbs.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I think macro percentages are a horrible idea unless you eat the same calorie allowance every day and as an endurance athlete that's neither likely or advisable.

I'm a long distance cyclist (100+ miles) and strength/weight trainer.

When I'm food logging:
    Protein 1g per lb of estimated lean mass (minimum)
    Fat 0.4g per lb of bodyweight (minimum)
    Carbs wherever they fall within my calorie goal.

Unless I'm doing a big ride then carbs are king. 60 to 80g of carbs an hour while riding and a load more besides.
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    jchite84 wrote: »

Butter, girl! Cheese!

Marathons! Ultras one day. :p
  • jchite84
    Options
    jchite84 wrote: »

Butter, girl! Cheese!

Marathons! Ultras one day. :p

I'm training for a 50K in October!