Trainers? Someone that knows what their doing?

I am hopefully looking for a trainer in the ft worth, tx area.
I have lost 53 lbs with light exercise and diet. I count calories everyday.
I have joined a gym. And that was 2 weeks ago - now I am in a plateau. I haven't lost crap and honestly that is discouraging. As a chubby girl, we want to see the numbers fall. No matter how little.
So I'd like to talk to someone that really knows what they are doing and see what I can do differently.
I have about 45 to go. I have the will, dedication and determination.

Anyone? *crickets* anyone?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Plateaus happen. 2 weeks isn't that long. What are you doing at the gym? Many times increasing your exercise intensity will lend to retaining water for a little while.
  • mizmeromero
    mizmeromero Posts: 1 Member
    Hi
    What are you doing in the gym? Weightlifting? Cardio? If you do more weightlifting that take time to activate your metabolism
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Hi
    What are you doing in the gym? Weightlifting? Cardio? If you do more weightlifting that take time to activate your metabolism

Strong first post.

Weightlifting does not "activate" your metabolism.
  • ChanceyTx
    ChanceyTx Posts: 38 Member
    rybo wrote: »
    Plateaus happen. 2 weeks isn't that long. What are you doing at the gym? Many times increasing your exercise intensity will lend to retaining water for a little while.

I do cardio - approximately 1 hour on the arc trainer. Then I do some free weights then several machines that work out my kegs, arms, tummy etc....
    It's just discouraging working so hard to hit a slump.