workout twice in a day???

Options
poonamsonii
poonamsonii Posts: 64 Member
Guys i m going to workout twice a day...
cardio at 7am to 8m
Weight at 1pm in afternoon...
Confused...pls help...shall i do it or no...there is gap of only 5 hours...has anybody does this...is it extremely fine to do like this....pls reply

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do that every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday...I probably wouldn't recommend doing it every day depending on your level of intensity...and you should definitely be working in a rest day or two...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Have you ever done two a day workouts?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest making sure you're feeding yourself properly for that activity...otherwise, bonk. most over-train issues aren't actually a matter of over-training but rather underfeeding for that level of activity.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I do that Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs and sometimes Friday. I walk 6 miles in the morning and weight lift in the evening.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I often swim a mile and a half I the morning and another mile in the afternoon.
  • oletanaomi
    oletanaomi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3 times a week I Run in the morning and then do resistance in the evening.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    See how you go. Make sure you're eating enough and take rest days. I train twice a day about three times a week, but I built up to my current level of intensity.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It's fine, but do remeber to listen to your body and see how you cope. I prefer to fuel workouts, but tbh 1h and 30mins are short enough for it to become personal preference.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. 45 to 50 minutes cardio in morning then I lift at lunch. At my age I'm not lifting super heavy weights just trying to keep my muscle mass and tone. I normally work out everyday so I rotate my lifting exercises so I do each every other day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, just because I don't feel the need for the goals that I have, but there's no harm in it if you're fuelling properly.
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There is no difference from breaking out your workout into two sessions a day. It is the same as me spending 2 hours at the gym straight and doing my cardio and strength all in one go.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why would this be a problem as long as you feel okay?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »
    There is no difference from breaking out your workout into two sessions a day. It is the same as me spending 2 hours at the gym straight and doing my cardio and strength all in one go.

Actually I have read that there is a little slight difference if breaking up 2 hours into 2 one hour workouts.
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do that everyday - morning gym, afternoon skipping/pullups, evening football.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »

Noy quite because they have the recovery time inbetween, which makes a difference.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I do it nearly everyday. Just mix up your workouts and try to avoid overworking your muscles. Don't want to be so fatigued at the end of the week. If you're not use to working out a lot, start out light, then work your way up. Also, don't calorie restrict yourself, otherwise all that hard work will not pay off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!