Suggestions for rewards?

Options
Hi all! I'm thinking of making mini goals and treating myself to rewards when I meet goals. I'm still deciding if I want the goals to be pounds lost (5 lb intervals) or days of sticking with the program (ie...met exercise and calorie goals for one week). What are some rewards you use to motivate yourself? I've thought of new workout clothes, exercise DVD, pedicure...but those are all a bit pricey for the budget, so I need some inexpensive reward ideas. I have a long way to go, and I'm feeling discouraged. Thanks for your input! :happy:

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would buy a new clothing item, and throw an old bigger size one out....kepping fat clothes is a bad idea....except for maybe one pair of your biggest pair of jeans for comparison
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    Def new clothes, and I don't limit myself to workout clothes, because I want clothes I look and feel good in. I don't get a whole new outfit (I'm broke lol) but a new clothing item.. you can get a shirt or summer dress for under $20.. I also do sticking with the program because I can't get along with the scale lol.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I am going to reward myself with a massage here pretty soon... after I hit the 25 pounds lost mark.

Later, I'm going to go to the salon (something I almost never do).

I am considering getting myself a day at the spa when I reach my long term goal, but I don't know yet...
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    New clothes for sure....However, I think it's nice to do something for yourself that is not necessarily about weight such as a mani/pedi...new hairstyle....massage....facial? I think it's nice to do something with our looks that do not relate to our weight. It makes us feel beautiful on the days we over indulge or we have a bad weigh in week! It is great that you are rewarding yourself!!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    At my 1/2 way mark I'm getting a massage (btw, since you're right- it can get expensive- check the technical colleges/those that have massage tech programs, I can get a 60 minute massage for $25 at the technical college instead of $100 at the spa!)
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm going to buy a new outfit for every stone I lose. Maybe you could substitute with jewellery (not expensive ones)
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yup, clothes. Makes me feel FABULOUS to try on clothes now. It used to be so depressing. I've been hitting the cheaper places, Ross, etc, since I hope to be smaller still and don't want to waste my money.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    speaking of tech schools.....when i went to beauty school my face was HORRIFIC, i was so stressed out because i felt like i was in a concentration camp.....it was so bad that the esthetician teacher would always ask me to get a facial so the students could practice on problematic skin like mine. They were always really good, and I had a different student each time. So if you are wanting a facial or pedi/mani you could go to a beauty school......just please don't get your hair done there, because most likely you will regret it lol. A regular facial i believe was only about 20 dollars and lasted 45 minutes or so