Feel Hopeless

Options
After I had my daughter in 2012, I was 220lbs. By 2014 I was able to get down to 145.
Now at July of 2015 I am back to 200 lbs.
I just can't fathom being able to lose the weight again. I feel hopeless.
I look in the mirror and hate what I see.
I worked my *kitten* off for over a year just to be thin for about 8 months.
My nearly ex husband thinks I'm disgusting.
I just don't think I can do this anymore.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    well, he is your ex husband....so he should stay that way and you don't care what he thinks

start small. start with today. what can you do today to make yourself a better person? you came here so that is a start :)

and I might recommending seeing a therapist. it sounds like you have some emotional issues that could used to be talked about with a professional. they will help you work thru some negativity toward your own body image. and maybe some other things too.

it's easier to make healthy choices I find when I am happier or at the very least not down on myself
  • cfranklin10
    cfranklin10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I fell ya! but luckily for you, you know it can be done!! Keep your head in the game and set yourself plenty of mini goals! My first was loose 10 lbs and ever see the number 200 again!!
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have been struggling with depression, just stopped taking medication a few months ago as it was making me gain more weight.
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    Yes, it is possible
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have been struggling with depression, just stopped taking medication a few months ago as it was making me gain more weight.

Have you talked to your doctor about that?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You need to change your mindset. If you think you can't do it, that's just going to make it harder. You know you can do it. You HAVE done it. I would suggest thinking about why you regained. What about your previous plan made it unsustainable? Was it too aggressive or too fast? Did you rely too heavily on exercise and not get your diet in check? Were your expectations too high?

It might take some trial and error to find the right eating plan that will allow you to get lose and learn good eating habits for maintenance. Always keep the long term in mind. Losing weight is usually the easy part. Keeping it off is where most fail. Plan for the future.

Best of luck to you!
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    Thank you.

Yes, my doctor and I worked together to stop the medication. Anti depressants are the devil but that's my bias.

I know it can be done because I did it before it just seems overwhelming.

One day at a time
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Exercise did wonders for my depression. I have left SO MUCH baggage at the gym. It was good therapy. I hope you find the same.

Your body is capable of so many surprising things, even when you think you are out of shape. You will feel stronger every day, both mentally and physically!

Don't work out for anyone else but yourself - you're doing it so that you can kick your haters in the face. You're a warrior, damnit. They just don't know it yet. But you're coming for them. A stronger you is on the way.