What's some low cal Breakfast that's Healty

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt parfait - layer yogurt, Fiber One (or Kashi Go Lean) berries and a few nuts. Protein, fat, and fiber counts are good so this keeps me full awhile.

I also like oatmeal made with milk (for protein) and I stir in some nut butter. Apple cinnamon with chopped nut is good too.

With reduced calories (and no medical issues) I just try to get the most bang for my calorie buck. Choose protein, choose whole grains, choose whole fruits (or veggies) and add some fat.
  • jrc5423
    jrc5423 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I get very bored with breakfast and I'm always starving when I wake up, so I tend to rotate meals often.

During the week I usually pack and bring to work:
    (1) 1 hardboiled egg, greek yogurt, and raspberries or blueberries.
    (2) Protein bar and apple or orange.
    (3) Oatmeal and fresh berries. I make oatmeal lots of different ways like honey and granola, peanut butter and jelly oatmeal, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal, or with raisins and a touch of brown sugar.
    (4) Today I was extra hungry. I had a pumpkin protein muffin, a chocolate peanut butter protein shake, and an apple.

On the weekends I actually cook a bit more in the morning, so I'll make scrambled eggs with onions and peppers and hot sauce, and sometimes have a strip of two of bacon. Other days I'll make fruit smoothies, or homemade pancakes. To make pancakes and muffins healthier and lower calorie I use oat flour instead of regular flour, honey instead of sugar, and skip the sugary syrup.

Everything can be "healthy" if you keep in mind your macros and monitor the types of individual ingredients you are putting into everything. I find it's easier to adjust my meals/calories based on how hungry I am and how much exercise I'm planning on doing for the day.
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is 2 eggs scrambled with 2 cups of steamed baby spinach, a sourdough English muffin with a tsp of butter, half cup of mixed berries and my coffee with 2 tbs creamer... If I'm more hungry, I'll skip the coffee and creamer, add a couple slices of bacon, and switch out one of the eggs for 2 egg whites...
  • Nickeybody
    Nickeybody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll eat eggs or Special K cereals fruit
    WBB55 wrote: »
    what do you eat for breakfast now that you enjoy? Can you just eat less of it?

• BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not stuck on breakfast food for breakfast, so the choices are limitless. I've found that once you break the idea that you have to eat a specific kind of meal at a specific time of day you have a lot more choice. My recent favorite is rolled lean turkey and ham with a handful of greek olives and a little feta.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    egg whites with spinach and mushroom some salsa to spice it up if you like and an orange this is my go to way to start the day when the wheels have come off the bus I also substitute a shake your choice I have tried them all right now I'm using a GNC product for lunch for dinner I choose lean meat veggies brown rice or sweet potato snacks oatmeal with berries and a yogurt and or string cheese in PM before working out
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters Southwestern Style - ½ Cup; Sargentos - Ultra Thin Pepper Jack, 1 slice; Wholly Guacamole - Spicy 100 Cal Minis, 0.5 mini cup; Kroger all natural sour cream - Sour Cream, 1 tbsp; Chi-chi's - Thick & Chunky Salsa, Medium, 1 tbsp. 185 calories for a great, spicy, Mexican omelette!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'll eat eggs or Special K cereals fruit
    WBB55 wrote: »
    what do you eat for breakfast now that you enjoy? Can you just eat less of it?
    I see nothing at all wrong with those as a breakfasts. You might want to weigh things, though, and compare them to labels to make sure of the calorie count.

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    26l0yo4kqnbw.jpg

My breakfast today!
    Egg in a Baked Potato bowl
    Topped with 1tsp of shredded cheese, half slice of bacon & a little scallion

What the heck! I want that. Right now. Brilliant.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My breakfast tends to be small. I eat a Fiber One brownie. Gets me the fiber I need, keeps full up until lunch, and is surprisingly tasty. And 90 calories. Add some G2 or iced tea and I'm good for several hours. Plus, I can eat on the run!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't usually do breakfast, but my go to when I do, is non fat Greek yogurt with some nuts and berries in it..