2 Months in and 42 lbs down!!

Options
Hello there MFP world!! I am a 25 year old married woman working on weight loss to improve my fertility (35 more lbs to go and my doctor will begin fertility meds). I have endometriosis as well as polycysytic ovarian syndrome which makes burning carbs very difficult. I have been doing a 1,000-1,200 calorie a day diet along with metformin (to help me burn carbs, I am not diabetic) and working out 5-6 days a week. I was losing about 8-12 a week the first few weeks and I'm now losing 5-6 a week. I'm having a difficult time sticking to my diet during the weekend. I'm looking for more MFP friends. I know the more support I have the more likely I am to succeed. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• myri54
    myri54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I want to be your friend and support each other
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest you look at how many calories you should be eating. I'm not sure how much you weigh or how tall you're but I can tell you 1,000 to 1,200 sounds way too low which is probably why it can be hard for you to stick to the limit you've put on yourself.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    42 lbs. is a lot of weight to lose in only 2 months. As you get closer to your goal weight, the weight loss will slow down a bit. 1000 to 1200 is fairly low for a young woman, which is why you might be having a hard time sticking to it on weekends. I don't know your stats, but I'm 56 and petite, only 5'1.5", and that's my calorie goal for the day, without exercise.
  • Maelynn1990
    Maelynn1990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a dietician at the University of Michigan. That is what she suggested. I am 5'8" and started at 334 lbs. It's embarrassing but my dietician said with that much extra weight 1000-1200 a day is what I need to do to jump start the weight loss.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm seeing a dietician at the University of Michigan. That is what she suggested. I am 5'8" and started at 334 lbs. It's embarrassing but my dietician said with that much extra weight 1000-1200 a day is what I need to do to jump start the weight loss.

ok FYI (not to be mean) but not all dieticians are right on people's diets. I had one that told me to eat 40-60 carbs each meal a day. To me that is way to much. I didn't lose weight when I did that. So I quit on what she said to do..

That many calories you honestly should eat more. Doc told me the same thing but my trainer says you need to eat more to fuel your body if you are working out or not. I have lost that much of weight as well in 2-3 months span. But I do tons of work outs, zumba and circuit traning (weights) just be careful..

• tracymcdonald4358
    tracymcdonald4358 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck on trying to have a baby and use that to keep you motivated on the weekends. Think how far you have come and how close you are to reaching your goal .
  • MillyFleurs
    MillyFleurs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OP, please continue listening to the person with the degree and ignore the armchair nutritionists. At the weight you started at and the deficit you're maintaining, it makes sense that the pounds are coming off in the manner that they are but it won't always be like that. About staying on track? It's learned, for me anyway. I'm incredibly restrictive in the beginning, no cheats! But can relax a little here and there after about a month of going hardcore. My boyfriend and I agreed that you get into "diet mode". I do have to admit that I just ate a Red Baron pizza (microwaved, so absolutely unsatisfying) simply because it existed, but it's not the end of the world. If you stay on top of things, when you do make the occasional bad decisions, it'll add up to maintenance instead of binge.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options

ok FYI (not to be mean) but not all dieticians are right on people's diets. I had one that told me to eat 40-60 carbs each meal a day. To me that is way to much. I didn't lose weight when I did that. So I quit on what she said to do..

That many calories you honestly should eat more. Doc told me the same thing but my trainer says you need to eat more to fuel your body if you are working out or not. I have lost that much of weight as well in 2-3 months span. But I do tons of work outs, zumba and circuit traning (weights) just be careful..

It wasn't the amount of carbs that led to no weight loss.
  • nkler
    nkler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm in the same boat...25 and newly married and trying for a baby but no joy yet. I have been suffering from extreme pains due to pcos for the past months so getting me down. Have joined my fitness pal to lose 4 stones to hopefully help us conceive. Good luck with your journey
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've lost 42lbs in 2 months as well. Let's be friends
  • rivim
    rivim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe of you up the calories to 1300 it won't be as hard to stick to? And you're working out as well so that will definitely help.

I'm in a similar situation where I have been eating an average of 1200 calories for the past 6 weeks and have lost about 25 lbs. I'm trying to lose 50 more lbs and then try for a baby! I have endometriosis as well and had surgery earlier this year to remove an endometrioma that grew too large. Not easy for me to workout yet since I still have pain but I'm trying to control my diet first!
  • Maelynn1990
    Maelynn1990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and friend requests everyone. Much appreciated!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello there MFP world!! I am a 25 year old married woman working on weight loss to improve my fertility (35 more lbs to go and my doctor will begin fertility meds). I have endometriosis as well as polycysytic ovarian syndrome which makes burning carbs very difficult. I have been doing a 1,000-1,200 calorie a day diet along with metformin (to help me burn carbs, I am not diabetic) and working out 5-6 days a week. I was losing about 8-12 a week the first few weeks and I'm now losing 5-6 a week. I'm having a difficult time sticking to my diet during the weekend. I'm looking for more MFP friends. I know the more support I have the more likely I am to succeed. Thanks in advance!

Tracking my food and exercise on myfitnesspal reminds me how expensive it it to burn off fat. I also have diabetes too and take metformin and do sugar tests. I track all of this on my phone. The other days I realized that I will always have to do this. So what? It's time consuming but feels good.
  • champagnelifestylemegz
    Options
    Caroldavidson332 ive added u!

My story!...

I went to the doctor thought i had pcos altho bloods came back fine i dont feel fine, they did an belly ultrasound and found nothing, im 19 stone 5 and want to lose 6 stone so im below 14 stone incase we need help trying to conceive. I have self diagnosed myself with endometriosis as im in a lot of pain and daily discomfort. Once i have lost weight i will see every stone i lose if my symptoms get better but if not at least i have lost the weight and can shove that in my GPs face!