I need help!

Options
I feel like I'm about to binge, and I really don't want to be around sweets today. My house is filled with them because of my sister. I need methods to cope with the urge.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    go for a walk, do a craft project, take a shower, brush/floss your teeth, drink water, drink tea, drink broth, eat celery.

How many calories have you eaten today? Is it possible you're hungry?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Take a walk.
  • kaileyfry
    kaileyfry Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    750 so far. I just ate.
    WBB55 wrote: »
    go for a walk, do a craft project, take a shower, brush/floss your teeth, drink water, drink tea, drink broth, eat celery.

How many calories have you eaten today? Is it possible you're hungry?

• wagdepot
    wagdepot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe remind yourself of the remorse you will feel after the binge and how proud you could be of yourself for being more powerful than the craving
  • mcburgerdevil
    mcburgerdevil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh I know the feeling I just ate lunch and feel like I could eat a whole buttload of garbage...considering the guy next to me was eating chips earlier I'm surprised I didnt cave in! You can do it!!!
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You are stronger than the craving! When I feel an urge to eat too much junk, I go for a walk or have a big glass of water or green tea. Or I allow myself one little treat and log it and then get out of the house and do something.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't give in! As others said, drink water, eat celery/cucumbers/other low calorie veggies. If you're craving something sweet, eat a small amount of fruit instead.

One thing that really helps me is MotiveWeight and Before and After Weight Loss Tumblr pages. They are super inspiring and make me want to stick to healthy eating!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Decide whether or not you want to eat them. Then do that. Once you make the decision, the rest gets easier. It's the "Oh, I want to, but if shouldn't, but I want to but..." stuff that is a pain.

Choose.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    " I can have it anytime I want but For right now I'm choosing not to."

Kalikel wrote: »
    Decide whether or not you want to eat them. Then do that. Once you make the decision, the rest gets easier. It's the "Oh, I want to, but if shouldn't, but I want to but..." stuff that is a pain.

Choose.