Is this working?

Options
akell99
akell99 Posts: 21 Member
Lately I haven't been able to make it to the gym so I have been doing HIIT videos that I find on YouTube everyday or switching it up and doing free standing weights. I am just starting and have lost a little weight but is what I'm doing right now enough?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you eating?
  • akell99
    akell99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    MFP advised 1,770 calories in a day so I stay in that range. Usually I don't meet that goal
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    akell99 wrote: »
    MFP advised 1,770 calories in a day so I stay in that range. Usually I don't meet that goal

Do you use a food scale?
  • itz_kuchie
    itz_kuchie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Calories play a big roll and it's all different. You can use a calculator to get the basis down but that's not tracking your every day activities. Sure you workout for an hour or whatever.. but what are you doing for the rest of the 23 hours of your day? Eat clean and hit cardiovascular pretty well if you're trying to lose weight. Keep your calories ar a healthy amount so you're not losing tons of weight at once. Slowly but surely is the right way to do it. Especially because you don't want to feel that feeling of never having energy on a low calorie diet...
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    itz_kuchie wrote: »
    Calories play a big roll and it's all different. You can use a calculator to get the basis down but that's not tracking your every day activities. Sure you workout for an hour or whatever.. but what are you doing for the rest of the 23 hours of your day? Eat clean and hit cardiovascular pretty well if you're trying to lose weight. Keep your calories ar a healthy amount so you're not losing tons of weight at once. Slowly but surely is the right way to do it. Especially because you don't want to feel that feeling of never having energy on a low calorie diet...

I was going to comment, but this pretty much sums it up. Great advice!