Fitbit Charge vs. Fitbit Charge HR

Options
Contemplating between the Fitbit Charge and the Fitbit Charge HR. The only difference is the heartrate monitor and I have seen reviews that the HR monitor was inaccurate. Does the regular charge work while doing circuit training or lifting? Is the HR worth it? Fitbit users, what are your experiences?

Replies

• MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have the HR and I find it very accurate. I also like the clasp on the HR way better than the regular charge.
  • haleyjones7
    haleyjones7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MrsGreco wrote: »
    I have the HR and I find it very accurate. I also like the clasp on the HR way better than the regular charge.

Does it work while lifting?

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MrsGreco wrote: »

Does it work while lifting?

No. No HRM works for that or circuit training. They're only designed to be accurate for steady state cardio.

Edit: Fitbits and other activity trackers are great for helping you estimate your TDEE, though.

• alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Interested in the feedback.
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works all the time. You can also put it in "workout" mode (hold down the button for 3 seconds) if you want to see what your heart rate was for a particular workout. Here's an example...This was a workout from last week...i5x4q89auv2q.pngixv5vihkarsi.png

This is my all day heart rate from this past Saturday. I was competing in a horse show so I was very active that day.
    z94m5lia37w5.png