Breastfeeding mom!

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to MFP and just entered my information in settings. I breast feed my 1 month old son, so my calorie intake should be higher. It doesn't give the option (that I can see) to enter information like this since it definitely effects results. Am I just missing it?

Replies

• sarahat10
    sarahat10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I made it a "workout" and estimated 400 calories a day for breast feeding. it seemed to do the trick i lost 45 lbs with no special diet other than keeping under 16oo calories in about 100 days. I didn't even exercise! breast feeding is the BEST.
  • Layama
    Layama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In the cardio exercise area you can enter breastfeeding and the time and it will calculate it for you. I think it gives you 200 calories for every 30 minutes of breastfeeding. Not sure how accurate it is, but it is in there.
  • healthychops_gets_fit
    healthychops_gets_fit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add it from the food intake! Search Breastfeeding as a snack! It gives you -500 if exclusively breastfeeding and -300 if baby has with solids. Eg over 6 months. I am breastfeeding too and not dropping below 1800 calories a day. I am trying to burn at least 500 calories a day in exercise - add me if you would like some mummy motivation xx