Huge NSV Today!

Options
titletown
titletown Posts: 377 Member
OK, let me explain why this was so shocking to me before I tell the complete story.

About one year ago I was wearing size 42 and some size 44 waist jeans and shorts. Before that there was a lot of the stretchy sweat pants we all love ;) No idea on my worst waist size to tell the truth.

We are having a rummage sale here and my kids cleaned the stuff out of their bedrooms that they no longer wanted and I noticed a brand new pair of Wrangler cargo shorts, I guess my son didn't like the style, who knows.

Anyhow, they were sitting on the table for a few days waiting to go over to my mother-in-laws for pricing and they even had the tag on them yet.

They are a size 33 waist.

Just for ****s and grins, I thought, hey I'll try them on, knowing full well they'd be way to small, or at least that's what my mind had been telling me for a few days.

Lo and behold, THEY FIT!!!

Granted, they are a bit snug yet, but they went right into my closet so I could wear them in a few weeks ;)

I remember wearing 34's in my early High School years, mostly 36's, but never anything smaller so I was totally shocked. That was back in the mid to late 70's as well, so at least I've still got my memory ;)

Replies

• tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! I know how awesome that feeling is. I haven't been a size 12 since middle school and I just got there so I'm right there with ya!!!!

Congrats!
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!! Congrats
    shine
  • MLARRIBA
    MLARRIBA Posts: 1
    Options
    Soo amazing! Very happy for you! Keep it up, you're almost there!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing feeling!!!!! Great job!!!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing feeling!!!!! Great job!!!!
  • nikkidziggy9
    Options
    I want to congratulate everyone. That is a huge victory. My hat goes off to you. I have just started out and I am in week two and can not wait til I hit that milestone.
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    i'm so happy for you, and motivated by your success. Thanks for sharing!
  • Fareezryth
    Options
    Wow,tht was awesome. Congratulations
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    That's great!!! I can't wait until I have a nice big NSV like that :)
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, this evening I will be wearing those 33 shorts to a concert! :)

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever wear this size, I don't even remember being this size in HS, 34-36 is what I remember.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep on keeping on, it's so worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!