at home workouts

Options
Hi.. just wanted to share that i have had a lot of success and better results with at home workouts than going to the gym. I have done all p90x, all the insanitys, including t25, tapout xt and currently doing ufc fit. Gonna try body beast next. I just got my fitness trainer certification and when I start getting my own clients. I will use some of the workouts from the dvds as part of programs I come up with for clients. Maybe take a few exercises from each and combine into workout. Whether its a cardio or muscle exercise. Plus they all have there own stretch day. Wich always fall on a thursday. In every dvd program. So anyway just thought i would share. Maybe some ppl disagree maybe some also love the at home workouts. Either way whatever motivates you..gym or at home as long as you are working out, exercising, training. Thats a plus in your everyday life of staying fit, or working on it

Replies

• Spice1973
    Spice1973 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a gym so I can't compare but I do like the results I get from my at home workouts.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Honestly not a fan of the gym. I feel distracted with too many people around. I turned my study into a workout room. It's fully matted for my son who wrestles. I have a TRX installed as well as free weights, medicine balls, rope etc. can do just about anything in there. ( I don't really care for machines) love it and don't have an excuse for missing workouts since it's just down the hall!
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    85mfg66ykjhe.jpg

I do this, but A-20 :) and make each suit whatever exercises you want!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Im not a gym person either. I have found the KettleWorX program and just started on it. Love the kettlebells. I also have yoga mats, an aeropilates machine, hand weights and lots of cardio DVDs. I love them. I get up before anyone else in the house, get my workout done and then im ready for the day. No driving in the heat or the snow. Just get up and get moving.

I love your idea of teaching people how to workout at home. Many have no idea where to start or how many reps to start with and how to build on them. They need someone that can show them all of that.
  • theeitfactor
    theeitfactor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    tamlyngon wrote: »
    Honestly not a fan of the gym. I feel distracted with too many people around. I turned my study into a workout room. It's fully matted for my son who wrestles. I have a TRX installed as well as free weights, medicine balls, rope etc. can do just about anything in there. ( I don't really care for machines) love it and don't have an excuse for missing workouts since it's just down the hall!

That's awsome! How's that trx? I have always wanted to try that?
  • theeitfactor
    Options
    jamieb55 wrote: »
    85mfg66ykjhe.jpg

I do this, but A-20 :) and make each suit whatever exercises you want!

Hahaha that's awsome! I should try that with friends. Nice way to make working out fun =>
  • theeitfactor
    Options
    Im not a gym person either. I have found the KettleWorX program and just started on it. Love the kettlebells. I also have yoga mats, an aeropilates ma. ine, hand weights and lots of cardio DVDs. I love them. I get up before anyone else in the house, get my workout done and then im ready for the day. No driving in the heat or the snow. Just get up and get moving.

I love your idea of teaching people how to workout at home. Many have no idea where to start or how many reps to start with and how to build on them. They need someone that can show them all of that.

Yes exactly. Specially ppl that are insecure of going to gym because they feel ppl are looking at them whether cause of there weight or because they don't know how to do the workouts its all in there heads.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    tamlyngon wrote: »

That's awsome! How's that trx? I have always wanted to try that?

(Found it:)

Love TRX! I use their app and follow one of their daily exercises that usually kick my butt! I get cardio and strength training in a good 40-60 min workout. It was a pain to install in the ceiling but glad I did. You can take them outside too and hook it up to a tree or play equipment at a park.