Cant gain weight !!!!

Options
Im 112 pounds now . Its really hard for me to gain weight i work as a stocker i comeback from work sometimes i dont eat or feel like it . I tried to drink olive oil but i couldnt , also have mass gainer and still cant do it please help me.

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Just like dieters have to stop eating even when they don't feel like it, if you want to gain you have to eat even when you don't feel like it. It takes discipline either way.
  • zz0413
    zz0413 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Small meals throughout the day. Pack a cooler and bring it to work. (I had to start doing this and it's inconvenient at first). If you don't get breaks then make stuff you can pocket. It's a discipline to slowly train your body to eat more. Sometimes increased activity makes your body generate hunger signals. So try adding some activity which will necessitate more fuel.

If you experience sever inability to eat or feel hungry, I would talk to your doctor.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Im 112 pounds now . Its really hard for me to gain weight i work as a stocker i comeback from work sometimes i dont eat or feel like it . I tried to drink olive oil but i couldnt , also have mass gainer and still cant do it please help me.

Start pre logging your day. That will help knowing what you are going to eat and when. Also break the meals up throughout the day into 3-4 large meals & 2-3 snacks. For snacks, nuts like almonds and cashews are great to stuff in your pocket if you don't get breaks. Slowly increase the amount you eat every day so you wont feel too stuffed too quickly.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Start pre logging your day. That will help knowing what you are going to eat and when. Also break the meals up throughout the day into 3-4 large meals & 2-3 snacks. For snacks, nuts like almonds and cashews are great to stuff in your pocket if you don't get breaks. Slowly increase the amount you eat every day so you wont feel too stuffed too quickly.

petty much this ..

I am not a fan of them but you could also add in some mass gainer shakes…

but I would suggest calorie dense foods like pasta, ice cream, cookies, bagels etc…just make sure that you are meeting your micronutrient requirements with nutrient dense foods too...
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Treat your diet like you would a weightlifting routine. Progressive overload.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    Just like dieters have to stop eating even when they don't feel like it, if you want to gain you have to eat even when you don't feel like it. It takes discipline either way.

this
  • CiscoGuy
    CiscoGuy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1st find out how many calories to maintain your current weight. You will have to add at least 500 more calories to that. No telling how much you are burning as a stocker....... Use this app and log everything you eat.

It will take some getting use to along with preping meals and downing shakes.

This will only work if you really want to gain weight.

Get in the gym also if you are not.

whey protein after work outs and Universal nutrition real gains is a clean shake.

Vanilla everthing.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You tried to drink olive oil? Omg, I almost gagged