Calorie Cutting

Options
I am convinced that the only way I will be able to lose weight is really cut my calories with the kind of excercise I'm able to do. I wish I was one of those people that love excercise, but I'm not. I know I'm not alone. I've read it's not true that the body eats muscle before fat when you cut calories. Any advice?

Replies

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why are you convinced that exercise is the only way to create the deficit needed to lose weight?

Weight loss will always come down to diet. You can't out train a crappy diet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So you are having trouble keeping a deficit without exercise? Did you set a moderate goal and practice logging and weighing your food for at least a few weeks?

• Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    BitterGoil wrote: »
    I am convinced that the only way I will be able to lose weight is really cut my calories with the kind of excercise I'm able to do. I wish I was one of those people that love excercise, but I'm not. I know I'm not alone. I've read it's not true that the body eats muscle before fat when you cut calories. Any advice?

Log your food.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Exercise does not cut calories. Eat less does. Exercise allows you to eat more.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Exercise does not cut calories. Eat less does. Exercise allows you to eat more.

And get fitter :)

Weight loss starts in the kitchen!
    Weigh all your food on a food scale...create a deficit

And exercise so you can eat a bit more :)
  • BitterGoil
    BitterGoil Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have my max calorie set at 1200. Recently I've been doing 3 times a week on the treadmill, brisk uphill walking for 30-45 minutes. I wish i was a runner, but I'm just not. ..
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I looked at your diary and it is almost empty??
    Do you log your food?
    How do you know how much you eat?
    Do you weigh everything on a food scale?

Because you cant out run too many calories/bad diet.

It all starts in the kitchen and some burned calories of exercise is most of the time very over estimated.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    But dont get me wrong, you get fitter :)