I'm stuck!

Options
Ugh.....I've plateaued! I've been in and around the same weight for the last three weeks and I'm bummed out! I was so proud of myself for loosing my 12/13 lbs and thought "I can do this! I'm gonna keep going until I reach my wedding weight!" But alas it was not to be. So now I am not eating all around me by any means but I have been dealing with some very stressful family issues and have indulges in the odd old bad habit......my head is just not in the game right now. Any advice on how to kick start my weight loss again?

Replies

• bwalters82
    bwalters82 Posts: 95
    Options
    You are doing great, let's just see if there are some slight modifications to make. Most plateaus happen because you are not eating enough food. How many calories are you eating a day?
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? If so try a different machine or location...(for example if you walk/run on a treadmill, walk outside...or if you walk in your neighborhood, walk in park)...If you watch what you eat and measure out serving sizes..go buy a fun new Tupperware bowl or something. I find myself being more careful about what i eat if I have a fun new "toy" to put it in...
  • Emma33021
    Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes, I have plateaued for a month or more. What worked for me was:

- zig-zagging calories
    - lots and lots of water
    - a "day off". On my day for higher amount of calories, I let myself go even over that (not by lot, but on that day I eat something that I really like but couldn't have it because of its calorie value)

I have lost 6 lbs since then.

HTH! Good luck!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on your sugar intake as well, that can slow things down quick
  • sticki
    sticki Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, I know for a fact that I don't drink nearly enough water, I work out on my elliptical about 3 times a week and during the day I am on the go all of the time. I eat between 1250 and 1500 a day, some days I eat 1500 without having exercised that day which I know isn't helping . Mostly i need the focus and motivation I guess......