Frustration and Feeling Like a Slacker

Options
When I am frustrated with myself because of the scale or what I have eaten the day before, I always feel like giving up. It's hard to get back on that horse and say I can do this, I was making progress, I can continue and it will work. I've seen it work, it has worked, I just feel like it isn't going to this time around. Today I am starting over again, with the hopes of having several successful days in a row. I feel bad about myself every day that I don't and like how I feel when I do. It's depressing to feel like you are doing the wrong thing which puts me in a rut of continuous bad patterns. Wish me luck......... I can't keep letting myself feel down cause of one bad day. A friend of mine once told me what gets her though is reminding herself that "one bad day, is just one bad day".

Replies

• tobeygirl45
    tobeygirl45 Posts: 57
    Options
    Believe me I have been having some of those bad days lately..... especially now since I hurt my knee on the treadmill and have to stay off of it ......soooooooooooooo I just tell myself I have to stay focused and really watch the calorie intake.........Thank god I have this site to keep me on track with that and also the messages on here from other peeps in the same rut ..... We all have them so we have to move forward and DON'T LOOK BACK ........Getting to our goals is going to happen for us!!!!!! Stay strong and stay focused!!!!!!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration and this idea of having betrayed yourself. However I would like you to imagine the following picture. Imagine there is this large bouncy ball at the very top of a steep hill. You give it a tiny push, As it starts to roll down hill, it will encounter some slightly bumpier spots and invariably bounce up.Sometimes the surface of the hill side is a bit rougher, there is thicker grass and the ball will slow down, then bounce again and so forth BUT without fail it will keep on rolling and eventually in spite of slow downs and up and down bouncing it will arrive at the finish line at the bottom of the hill.
    IN case this little analogy is not clear, we are like that ball on our journey down the weight loss/eat well/exercise Hill side. Along the way, we will sometimes bounce up (our weight goes up, we eat too much, we exercise too little) sometimes we will slow down in the rough parts (do less exercise, not remain focused..). However all that is okay as long as we realize that the bottom of the hill is indeed reachable, as long as we do not but do many obstacles in our own way.
    So next time you feel like "giving up" remember you are still rolling along, just like that bouncy ball. Be the ball:)
  • tobeygirl45
    tobeygirl45 Posts: 57
    Options
    I understand your frustration and this idea of having betrayed yourself. However I would like you to imagine the following picture. Imagine there is this large bouncy ball at the very top of a steep hill. You give it a tiny push, As it starts to roll down hill, it will encounter some slightly bumpier spots and invariably bounce up.Sometimes the surface of the hill side is a bit rougher, there is thicker grass and the ball will slow down, then bounce again and so forth BUT without fail it will keep on rolling and eventually in spite of slow downs and up and down bouncing it will arrive at the finish line at the bottom of the hill.
    IN case this little analogy is not clear, we are like that ball on our journey down the weight loss/eat well/exercise Hill side. Along the way, we will sometimes bounce up (our weight goes up, we eat too much, we exercise too little) sometimes we will slow down in the rough parts (do less exercise, not remain focused..). However all that is okay as long as we realize that the bottom of the hill is indeed reachable, as long as we do not but do many obstacles in our own way.
    So next time you feel like "giving up" remember you are still rolling along, just like that bouncy ball. Be the ball:)

Well Said!!