when and how often do you wieght?

Options
So I finally bought a scale. Anywat I weighed myself last night and this morning I was 3 pounds less wearing the same clothes. So my question is when you wiegh for wieght loss do you do it at the same time and how often?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I track my weight with happy scale.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I'm looking at trends.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Once a week. First thing in the am after waking and going pee. Also you should take measurements and pictures, as those Will tell a better story of progress. Women tend to retain water, and can have periods of time where theres no weight loss, even though fat loss is occuring. So once a week and dont stress on it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need to weigh under the same conditions every time :smile: Same scale, same place, same time of day, similar clothes, go to the bathroom first and eat and drink afterwards.

I weigh every morning, enter weight into Fitbit, which sends it to Trendweight for analysis. Weight fluctuates naturally, have to stay calm. I'm in maintenance, but the same applies.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Most mornings. I have a wifi scale that is linked to trendweight.com. I'm trying to lose about 4 pounds very slowly, so I think it's important for me to see the trend.

I like to weigh myself after running too sometimes just to see the drop in weight. Sunday I "lost" two pounds after my long run. :smile: I just think the variations are interesting.

Trendweight.com will use the first weigh-in of the day, so weighing after the run does not affect the calculations.
  • dennshah01
    dennshah01 Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Every morning after I get up and after the bathroom business. No clothes and before eating or drinking. I am keeping a log of the trends as well.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think most of here weigh ourselves in the morning, right after we pee. Most also do it wearing the same clothes. Some are nekkid when they do this. Whatever time you choose to weigh in, try to stick to the same time every day.

Weight fluctuatesa lot. It goes up due to salt (like crazy), periods (like crazy for some), bowel movements, when you last ate (and what you ate) and a variety of other reasons (sometime inexplicable ones that have you saying, "Why? From where?!" You're going to see it go up sometimes, so don't freak out about that. :)

Congrats on your new purchase and may you both live happily ever after. :)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Every morning. I'm looking at trends.

yeppp
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Every morning, same time, place, bat channel.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I use the bathroom and naked. I log every loss! And I go off the same scale. I weigh 20lbs lighter on my mothers house scale, than at my house. I wish hers were correct! But confirmed at the dr. office, it's not.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    arb037 wrote: »
    Once a week. First thing in the am after waking and going pee. Also you should take measurements and pictures, as those Will tell a better story of progress. Women tend to retain water, and can have periods of time where theres no weight loss, even though fat loss is occuring. So once a week and dont stress on it.

I second this. I weigh every friday, right after waking up and going to the bathroom. I've been measuring too because I've been building muscle, and sometimes it doesn't show on the scale.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Monday morning. It helps keep me from cheating too much on the weekend.
  • glitterr0cks
    glitterr0cks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    honestly my relationship with my scale is a battle. I weigh in every morning. I like to know what Im working with and set mental goals for my day. #unhealthy...I recommend weekly especially if you do a mix of cardio and strength training like myself. You may get discouraged if the numbers on the scale fluctuate a bit...muscle weighs more than fat...so learning where to give and take is my goal to learn. ( i dont wanna have muscles, just be toned and feel strong) Good Luck!
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    I weigh every morning after I use the bathroom and naked. I log every loss! And I go off the same scale. I weigh 20lbs lighter on my mothers house scale, than at my house. I wish hers were correct! But confirmed at the dr. office, it's not.
    Haha my husband bought a scale like thay once! I was so disappointed to find out how far off it was :(
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have always went by my measurements and dress size more than anything because I do alot of wieght lifting...I want to be tone and lean not skinny. But then after this last baby I wanted to also track my progress with the scale. Then I realized the number can change so easily! So I think I will try the same time once a week for now :)
  • tannibal_lecter
    tannibal_lecter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1-3 times a week
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Every morning for me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So I finally bought a scale. Anywat I weighed myself last night and this morning I was 3 pounds less wearing the same clothes. So my question is when you wiegh for wieght loss do you do it at the same time and how often?

Every Sunday morning right after I wake up & use the bathroom & before I eat or drink anything.. Same scale, same conditions.
    I do measurements and photos once a month.
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday in the morning before I eat anything. I think if I weighed myself everyday the fluctuations would make me insane.