How much alcohol do you allow yourself

Options

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I drink as much as I want as long as I log the calories and make them fit in my diet ;)

Jameson, Guinness, and Long Island Iced Teas for when I'm splurging, and Miller Lite for an everyday "want one after work" drink.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    A bottle of Merlot a night................
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    A bottle of Merlot a night................

Lightweight....

Nah, just kidding!
  • pawprint_net
    Options
    Similar to @Huffdogg - I do what I want as long as it fits within my goals. Also favoring Guiness and Single Malt when I can afford it.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Vodka-a lot of it.

I think I am in love!

As for the question, I'm not so good at moderating my drinking, it just isn't how my friends and I roll. What I have done is limit the number of nights a week I allow myself to party. Two seems to be the number. Although I may have a drink or two in the evenings during the week.

When I am out for fun, it is usually vodka, although pretty much anything can end up in my glass depending on my mood. Love wine and beer. Usually a minimum of five, (six, seven, eight... What all did I drink last night???).

I jus make sure I have high calorie burns on my weekends, and don't allow myself to skip runs because I'm hungover.

Funny thing is, I usually have losses the day after heavy drinking. Don't know if it is from the dancing, or if my body just likes it. Lol.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I don't drink...personal decision. I am a recovering addict (with 3 years 4 months clean), so drinking is out of the question. I have different rules than most. It's all part of recovery. I've had fun reading all these responses though.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I'm drunk right now.

Did you start your day out with a nice shot of Bailey's?
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    lol !! Rum yuk hehehe my gf drinks a ton of rum, I'll stick to beer and caesars :D And cut back the food lol
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I used to drink every weekend, but have given it up for the most part. Once in a great while I will have a diet coke and rum, but that's about it. I would say that has happened once in the past three months.
  • audigal2008
    Options
    hmm then I am wondering if caesras would be the way to go? but they sooo fill me up!
  • audigal2008
    Options
    INCREASE Metabolism??? What ? Really? I had radio active iodine treatment to kill my very bad OVER active thyroid! So now my metabolism sucks!!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'll only typically drink on the weekends, maybe once every other week or less at the moment. I typically have beer or vodka with seltzer and a few limes. But I make sure to exercise more than usual that day and leave room in my diet that day for it!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    And when I am out with the guys for every beer I down, I quietly fill my bottle with water so it’s kinda like one beer, one water, one beer, etc. It's a pain, but just having a bottle (filled with water) in the hand goes a long way in keeping the hands busy and the calories down!

OH MY... this is genius! I cannot wait to try this little sneaky water trick!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I have recently decided to not have any at all. After 2 drinks, my will power is GONE. I will eat whatever is in reach and there is no "record" button working, so I don't even pay attention to what I am eating.
  • speednut
    speednut Posts: 82
    Options
    Usually diet beer. MGD 64 or Bud Select 55. Maybe 2-3 on weekends but count the calories as "snacks" in my journal. Ocassionally 6-8 when golfing with my brothers. Golfing gives you extra calories!!!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-3 glasses of red wine a week.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I go out once in awhile and say at a restaurant on a non "treat" day I will have 1 maybe 2.

If I am going to a wedding or to a bar or house party and it is a "treat" day I will allow myself to drink as much as my body will allow me. Usually 10+ drinks.

On treat days I also allow myself to eat what I want too. My drinks of choice are #1 sangria, and then pretty much anything else fruity or wine coolers.

My drinking occurs usually less than monthly but more so during the summer and holidays.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I gave up drinking completely several years ago for my safety and yours... ;)

Never did know when to stop anyway.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Once a month for me. I will check my calendar and see what's on :) Although I sometimes have a red wine at night. Helps me get to sleep I've found and good antioxidants and probably better than dark chocolate. Or that's what I've convinced myself anyway :drinker:
  • dmswarts
    dmswarts Posts: 28
    Options
    i drink vodka, tonic water or club soda or just plain water and lime juice! low in calories or diet 7-up and vodka....mmmm