Bad Fad Diet. Do Tell!

Options
I'm curious. What are some of the fad diets you've tried that have had some quirky or strange results. Let's hear it.

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast, with the unexpected and wholly surprising outcome that I gained it all back.
  • lorenswan
    lorenswan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast, with the unexpected and wholly surprising outcome that I gained it all back.

Not surprised there. Slimfast isnt exactly dieting if you eat exactly the same crap for all your other meals. Boring! Next!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    A long time ago a friend lost a bunch of weight by eating Lean Cuisines for lunch and dinner and taking Metabolift. I did it and lost tons of wait and turned into a hyperactive freak.
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »
    I'm curious. What are some of the fad diets you've tried that have had some quirky or strange results. Let's hear it.

Are you interested in hearing stories or looking for inspiration for a fad diet to do yourself, as I notice you've posted another thread about wanting to do a cleanse?
  • lorenswan
    Options
    Okay. I heard Kim Kardashian eats a serving of food at restaurants then sprays the rest of her food on her playe down with windex to stop herself from eating anymore. Crazy or what? lol. That's what I'd call a bad fad diet.
  • lorenswan
    Options
    MissAbbee wrote: »

Are you interested in hearing stories or looking for inspiration for a fad diet to do yourself, as I notice you've posted another thread about wanting to do a cleanse?

???

No. Those are two totally unrelated topics. Cleanses are not diets. Diets by definition are ways one eats, period. A cleanse is a temporary diet in order to get the body back in order. I've done cleanses before and felt really good afterward. I dont do them to loose weight. Personally I dont have weight to loose! But sometimes the body has trouble processing certain foods, suffers bacterial overgrowths or a host of other problems that you may not be aware of. Some people drink too much caffeine. A cleanse can kick the habit and help you start fresh.
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Pretty much tried them all
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    none
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

???

No. Those are two totally unrelated topics. Cleanses are not diets. Diets by definition are ways one eats, period. A cleanse is a temporary diet in order to get the body back in order. I've done cleanses before and felt really good afterward. I dont do them to loose weight. Personally I dont have weight to loose! But sometimes the body has trouble processing certain foods, suffers bacterial overgrowths or a host of other problems that you may not be aware of. Some people drink too much caffeine. A cleanse can kick the habit and help you start fresh.

That's .... Contradictory at best.
  • lorenswan
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

???

Haters.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I tried the cabbage soup diet once.... Lost weight and lost my desire to eat cabbage for years. Plus it made your pee smell funky after a bit.

Did some kind of low fat thing in the 90's when I was a teen that was pretty much eating nothing but beans, rice, and veggies. Lost weight, but nobody wanted to hang out with me after all those beans.... My social life took a hit.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

???

Haters.

I'm not being a hater. You literally said, "Cleanses are not diets" and then one sentence later said diets are about the way you eat (which changes when you are doing a cleanse, thus making it a diet by your definition) and then, "A cleanse is a temporary DIET...."

Just trying to figure out what you mean.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

???

Yep - a "cleanse" is a fad, a temporary way of eating, a gimmick.

Case in point - there is a "new" fat burning soup/cleansing soup diet......the recipe for the soup is miraculously like the 1980's Dolly Parton cabbage soup. It has a brand new "gimmicky" title now.

This was a fad that I tried in the 80's (but now it's a cleanse...who knew?)....anyway I did lose a few pounds, but of course this wasn't a lifestyle change so the weight came back.
  • lorenswan
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

???

Yep - a "cleanse" is a fad, a temporary way of eating, a gimmick.

Case in point - there is a "new" fat burning soup/cleansing soup diet......the recipe for the soup is miraculously like the 1980's Dolly Parton cabbage soup. It has a brand new "gimmicky" title now.

This was a fad that I tried in the 80's (but now it's a cleanse...who knew?)....anyway I did lose a few pounds, but of course this wasn't a lifestyle change so the weight came back.

Wait! Yeah! I heard about "the cabbage soup diet" That's hilarious.
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options

???

Just the way that you quickly dismissed Barbequesauce's comment about Slim Fast as Boring! Next! as if you were looking for something to try yourself.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Similar experience on Slim Fast. Those shakes were vile and they don't teach you anything about portion control. I don't know if I lost anything on them, but I sure didn't keep it off when I quit.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

???

Contradictory and based upon fallacies.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

???

tumblr_inline_nbik4od1oX1r2ghad.gif
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

???

tumblr_inline_nbik4od1oX1r2ghad.gif

I think I have a new favorite gif.....
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Those Slimfast shakes were pretty good with McDonald's fries.