Up hill battle

Options
In the past I have been very successful with my weight loss I have lost over 60 pounds I have recently gained 15 pounds back and I have tried everything I know to lose the weight for the past two weeks I have been using Beachbody workouts religiously and eating personal trainer food prepackaged foods that were made for low carb lifestyle I have been following it meticulously I had lost 5 pounds and gained it all back I keep teeter tottering it's like a seesaw from the depths of hell my pants feel tighter on me as the days progressed I do not know why I am currently in ketosis constantly I work out until I am sweating to death but I still see barely any achievement I have lost an inch and a half off of my entire body but even that is not enough to make me feel comfortable in my own skin again I do not know what to do I don't know why I have stalled and why I have gained all the weight back I have done nothing differently I workout everyday intensively I eat just meat and vegetables I do not eat any starch I do not eat any bread I eat high protein and I do eat cheese I record everything I do on my Fitness Pal and I don't know what I am doing wrong I am starting to get set up and angry at myself I will grab the meat of my stomach and squeeze it in hatred I hate the skin I'm in and I don't know what to do I've done everything I can to try and lose the weight normally in the past when I have done when I'm doing currently I would drop the weight like crazy I don't know what has changed but it's breaking my heart does anyone have any tips

Replies

• LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm 30 yrs old 5ft 5 161 lbs now.... doing focust25 and insanity workouts...
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't very long.

All you need to lose weight is a caloric deficit. If you open your diary, I'm sure people will have suggestions.
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    I made it public
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you might have to be a bit more patient. This thread by stroutman81 has some excellent information but it really boils down to consistency, accuracy and patience:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/737101/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I do not like the foods you are eating...they seem processed and not healthy. I understand you are eating low carb but you need to learn how to eat for life! Sorry I am a bit forward. It took me months to dip below 200 and even longer to get out of the 150's. You need to eat a plant based diet as much as you can. All the exercise in the world will not outdo a bad diet.
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    Personal trainer food isn't processed from what they are telling me.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I cannot see your food diary (on iPh app)

I would also recommend giving it more time, 2wks isnt long enough. Those workouts are intense and if you are coming off a phase of not working out, your muscles will holding on to water. IE water weight. This will go away in time.

I am not a fan of pre packaged foods, trainer recommended or not- sorry. Like the above person stated; I would rather learn habits for healthy eating for life, and grocery shopping & meal planning skills. Fresh veggies & meats make a huge positive affect in my diet and I whole heartedly recommend it :)

Hope this helps! Be patient- in 2 more weeks reassess. Love yourself, youre more than skin, stomach, etc. We all are!
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    www.personaltrainerfood.com
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    it's a meal plan where they send you all your food for the month
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I do not like the foods you are eating...they seem processed and not healthy. I understand you are eating low carb but you need to learn how to eat for life! Sorry I am a bit forward. It took me months to dip below 200 and even longer to get out of the 150's. You need to eat a plant based diet as much as you can. All the exercise in the world will not outdo a bad diet.
    She's not asking you to eat those foods, so whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

Barring some medical condition, she doesn't "need" to eat a plant-based diet. You're "wrong" more so than "forward."

• LadyDaenerys
    Options
    I find that I typically lose weight, feel fuller and feel better when I eat mostly meats. I eat a good amount of veggies daily, but I focus on consuming Fat and Protien over Carbs and Sugar. Also, today I fit into pants that I never thought would fit me again. I feel like throwing my scale away! It scares me. It will go from 161 to 157 to 160 to 163 to 158 and back again! I feel that's what really was getting me down. BUT the proof is in the pants! I hate water weight.... :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »
    I find that I typically lose weight, feel fuller and feel better when I eat mostly meats. I eat a good amount of veggies daily, but I focus on consuming Fat and Protien over Carbs and Sugar. Also, today I fit into pants that I never thought would fit me again. I feel like throwing my scale away! It scares me. It will go from 161 to 157 to 160 to 163 to 158 and back again! I feel that's what really was getting me down. BUT the proof is in the pants! I hate water weight.... :(

Do you know (or track) the sodium levels in the personal trainer foods? They may be convenient, but is this something you're going to do long term? Maybe it's time to start slowly supplementing these meals with ones of your own?
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't very long at all. It will probably take more like 2 to 3 months to lose that 15 if you lose a pound per week, which is healthy. You didn't gain the weight overnight, don't expect to lose it overnight.

And the average female can fluctuate in bodyweight by about 5 pounds per day, I know I do. Go by measurements and the fit of your clothes.
  • LadyDaenerys
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Do you know (or track) the sodium levels in the personal trainer foods? They may be convenient, but is this something you're going to do long term? Maybe it's time to start slowly supplementing these meals with ones of your own?

These are higher in sodium but I dont typically go over 2,300-2,500 mg of sodium a day, which is the MFP preset for healthy sodium consumption. I also drink a fair share of water throughout the day.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Personal trainer food isn't processed from what they are telling me.

If it is prepackaged meals, it's processed. Looking at the nutritional info from their website, I would be a bit concerned about the sodium levels. For example, the Italian Style Meatballs have over 1100 mg of sodium. That's almost half your daily recommended amount. You maybe retaining water due to the extra sodium, compared to making your own meatballs.

As other's have said, two weeks isn't very long. Progress will be slow.
  • LadyDaenerys
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm just not a good cook and I'm to busy/lazy to even pretend I can or ever will. So this is easier for me fo now. I don't foresee myself doing it forever but it's helped me get used to smaller portions and what I'm supposed to be eating. Again the sodium levels are high i get that but i still stick fairly close to the MFP preset daily levels. On the Person Trainer Food website it does speak about the sodium levels. They state "If you are looking for a low sodium plan, simply avoid the breaded items when customizing your meal program. By doing this, you will stay within the recommended dietary guidelines." You also just so happened to pick out a meal that had a high count. Not all of them do.

BTW IT'S NOT PROCESSED!!!!!!!! Geez

""""""Real Food. Pre-Cooked, Frozen, No Fillers like rice or noodles. No hidden sugars or Bad Carbs. No processed foods. Natural foods the way we ate 40 years ago. Real food which teaches you how to eat for a lifetime while delivering quick weight loss. Simple. meats, vegetables, natural dairy, select nuts. Created by Professional Trainers."""""""

diax74eg68q5.jpg

http://www.personaltrainerfood.com/orders/NutritionLabels.pdf - Nutritional Info

ptf.jpg 129.7K
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a good cook and I'm to busy/lazy to even pretend I can or ever will. So this is easier for me fo now. I don't foresee myself doing it forever but it's helped me get used to smaller portions and what I'm supposed to be eating. Again the sodium levels are high i get that but i still stick fairly close to the MFP preset daily levels. On the Person Trainer Food website it does speak about the sodium levels. They state "If you are looking for a low sodium plan, simply avoid the breaded items when customizing your meal program. By doing this, you will stay within the recommended dietary guidelines." You also just so happened to pick out a meal that had a high count. Not all of them do.

""""""Real Food. Pre-Cooked, Frozen, No Fillers like rice or noodles. No hidden sugars or Bad Carbs. No processed foods. Natural foods the way we ate 40 years ago. Real food which teaches you how to eat for a lifetime while delivering quick weight loss. Simple. meats, vegetables, natural dairy, select nuts. Created by Professional Trainers."""""""

diax74eg68q5.jpg

http://www.personaltrainerfood.com/orders/NutritionLabels.pdf - Nutritional Info

"Processing" is such a meaningless term. How do you make breading without any sort of processing? They aren't grinding or drying anything? How on earth do you make a "chicken stick" without any sort of processing? How do you make sausage without any sort of processing?

Stop thinking of "processing" as some sort of food devil.
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options

diax74eg68q5.jpg

"Processing" is such a meaningless term. How do you make breading without any sort of processing? They aren't grinding or drying anything? How on earth do you make a "chicken stick" without any sort of processing? How do you make sausage without any sort of processing?

I completely agree with you. I always feel like I need to defend myself and my food choices. It's not like I'm eatting buckets of double dipped chocolate covered donuts and 100 gals of sugary soda every day. I'm eatting within the means of my diet and restrictions.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

diax74eg68q5.jpg

I completely agree with you. I always feel like I need to defend myself and my food choices. It's not like I'm eatting buckets of double dipped chocolate covered donuts and 100 gals of sugary soda every day. I'm eatting within the means of my diet and restrictions.

Well, I think you might be getting this feedback because your initial post sounds . . . pretty unhappy. You're talking about all the things you've given up, but you don't need to give up any of those things to reach your goals. And you don't have to pay someone to make meals for you (but if you want to, that's your business).

Are you happy with your plan?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

no, do not listen to this poster