Low-calorie snacks ideas

Options
Hi there,

I have some go to low-calorie snacks that are filling - and I'm hoping that others might have different ones that I can get inspired by.

Here's mine:
-watermelon slices
-plain popcorn (2-3 cups) sprinkled with cinnamon or sea salt
-steamed cauliflower coated with spicy buffalo wing sauce (0 cal sauce)
-frozen grapes
-miso soup (40 cal)
-zero pasta (30 cals) with marinara (60 cal)

Please let me know if you have any go-to snacks that do a good job at filling you up in-between meals.

Replies

• jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm obsessed with apple chips and zucchini chips. I was making them in my oven but that takes forever for the apples so I got a food dehydrator. You slice them with a mandolin and sprinkle them with cinnamon and they are sweet, crunchy, delicious, and super cheap.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (100 calorie ones)

Ghiradelli dark chocolate square (70 calories)

Mayan Cocoa Spice tea with milk & sugar

Popped Sweet Chili rice crisps

Fudgesicles

BlueBunny Mini Swirls ice cream cones
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    When you eat a complex carb, have protein and fat with it to keep you full. This is the trick. Eating only the complex carb will get you revving for more food. Examples : cheese or nut butter and apple, steelcut oatmeal with protein powder, chia seeds blended with fruit, hummus and carrots or peppers, lentil salad, avocado and raspberries.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas are my best dieting friends.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with an apple or strawberries
    string cheese with almonds or pistachios and grapes

my two favorites
  • jessmessmfp
    jessmessmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Idk if it's true but I heard that liquid food had less calories than solid food. So you can blend up like Oreos and chocolate with milk and it will be like half the calories if you were to eat it normally? I heard your body doesn't absorb liquid calories as well so you just pee it out. I'm really not sure if that's true though... But if I ever do have a snack I just blend it up.

Hahaha. I wish that were true - I'd be putting ice cream and peanut butter in blender and eating that for breakfast lunch and dinner if I could.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Idk if it's true but I heard that liquid food had less calories than solid food. So you can blend up like Oreos and chocolate with milk and it will be like half the calories if you were to eat it normally? I heard your body doesn't absorb liquid calories as well so you just pee it out. I'm really not sure if that's true though... But if I ever do have a snack I just blend it up.

Sounds like someone was trolling you. Sorry.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

No. Stop. No. Just. Stop spreading misinformation.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    2 oz deli meat + 1 oz cheese=130+
    Banana + peanut butter=200ish
    Half-serving of tortilla chips + salsa + 1 oz shredded cheese+ beans=300+
    Vegetables and hot sauce=35ish

If I eat a snack, it's usually because a meal is going to be delayed so most of my choices are higher-calorie than yours.
  • jessmessmfp
    jessmessmfp Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I like a lot of these ideas. I try to have 2 snacks (morning/afternoon) and try to keep them clean-ish, below 150 cals. Having a banana cuts it some days - and then others - I just need some variety. I'll definitely try the wasabi peas and apple/zucchini chips. I do like the deli meat idea - with some spicy mustard - yum! I never thought of pistachios and grapes - I'll mix them together next time.