Cardio

Options
I walk 5km for an hour daily. My calorie limit is 1200. I am 160lbs and height 5.5'. I am 20. The thing is I can't go to gym and can only do walk. In a long run is this workout enough to lose weight and do I really need to lift weights? And please add me as your friend. My goal weight is 145lbs

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cardio is great for heart and lungs and great for building endurance.

Strength training helps you keep more lean muscle while eating at a deficit, great for bone health and more. Google "you are your own gym"

Both are good for fitness. To lose weight reduce your calorie intake.
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Strength training helps you keep more lean muscle while eating at a deficit, great for bone health and more. Google "you are your own gym"

So should I make my limit 1000 calories. I think I can manage that.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »

That is not what she meant. Is 1200 cals already a deficit for you? Doing cardio will only serve to increase the deficit, but doing cardio will not help you lose weight by itself unless you're eating less than you burn. You don't need to decrease your calories if you're already at at a deficit.
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »

That is not what she meant. Is 1200 cals already a deficit for you? Doing cardio will only serve to increase the deficit, but doing cardio will not help you lose weight by itself unless you're eating less than you burn. You don't need to decrease your calories if you're already at at a deficit.

Oh. Well, then it is all set. Moreover, I never eat back my workout calories.