Options
2»

Replies

• dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »
    I'm just not a good cook and I'm to busy/lazy to even pretend I can or ever will. So this is easier for me fo now. I don't foresee myself doing it forever but it's helped me get used to smaller portions and what I'm supposed to be eating. Again the sodium levels are high i get that but i still stick fairly close to the MFP preset daily levels. On the Person Trainer Food website it does speak about the sodium levels. They state "If you are looking for a low sodium plan, simply avoid the breaded items when customizing your meal program. By doing this, you will stay within the recommended dietary guidelines." You also just so happened to pick out a meal that had a high count. Not all of them do.

BTW IT'S NOT PROCESSED!!!!!!!! Geez

""""""Real Food. Pre-Cooked, Frozen, No Fillers like rice or noodles. No hidden sugars or Bad Carbs. No processed foods. Natural foods the way we ate 40 years ago. Real food which teaches you how to eat for a lifetime while delivering quick weight loss. Simple. meats, vegetables, natural dairy, select nuts. Created by Professional Trainers."""""""

diax74eg68q5.jpg

http://www.personaltrainerfood.com/orders/NutritionLabels.pdf - Nutritional Info

"Processing" is such a meaningless term. How do you make breading without any sort of processing? They aren't grinding or drying anything? How on earth do you make a "chicken stick" without any sort of processing? How do you make sausage without any sort of processing?

Stop thinking of "processing" as some sort of food devil.

I completely agree with you. I always feel like I need to defend myself and my food choices. It's not like I'm eatting buckets of double dipped chocolate covered donuts and 100 gals of sugary soda every day. I'm eatting within the means of my diet and restrictions.

If it's working for you, stick with it. So many people start a plan they can't realistically follow and then give up.

Give it about 4 - 6 weeks, and if you don't notice a difference, you can reevaluate your plan then.

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think you maybe need to organize yourself a bit.
    Looking at your food log, I did not see one single fruit ( fresh, canned or dry ) in the last three weeks. Three weeks ago you had 4oz of mixed vegetables and some green beans several times a week, now it's just a few green beans every few days. No other vegetables, no salads, no complex carbs, just processed food ( and with that I do not mean the salting, drying, grinding etc of food, but the adding of chemicals to increase shelf life, keep them nice looking even after 6 month in the freezer, adding extra salt or sugar that has nothing to do with health or nutrition and that kind of thing ), cheese sticks and a small amount of salami. If this is a trainer originated food plan ( which I imagine is expensive ) I wonder what they train for, because the diet is far from being nutritionally balanced. You could do a lot better doing your own meals....many of us would be willing to help you with that.
    I would also organize my plan a bit better and stay within a certain calorie range every day, because eating 600 calories one day and 1400 the next plus exercising 600 calories worth of burn one day ( and not eating correctly for such a high burn) and then doing something completely different the next day really is not helpful in assessing what is going on, because there is no reliable information to go by. That in return makes tweaking your program based on reliable information next to impossible to do.
    I know, that all this is not directly connected to weight loss, because that is determined by CICO, but having a regimen that is varied, interesting, easy to manage and healthful reduces anxiety and frustration ( that is what I walked away from reading your initial post ) and that in return makes CICO a lot easier.
    Good Luck !
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    Looking at your food log, I did not see one single fruit ( fresh, canned or dry ) in the last three weeks. Three weeks ago you had 4oz of mixed vegetables and some green beans several times a week, now it's just a few green beans every few days. No other vegetables, no salads, no complex carbs, just processed food, cheese sticks and a small amount of salami. If this is a trainer originated food plan ( which I imagine is expensive ) I wonder what they train for, because the diet is far from being nutritionally balanced. You could do a lot better doing your own meals....many of us would be willing to help you with that.
    I would also organize my plan a bit better and stay within a certain calorie range every day, because eating 600 calories one day and 1400 the next plus exercising 600 calories worth of burn one day ( and not eating correctly for such a high burn) and then doing something completely different the next day really is not helpful in assessing what is going on, because there is no reliable information to go by. That in return makes tweaking your program based on information next to impossible to do.
    I know, that all this is not directly connected to weight loss, because that is determined by CICO, but having a regimen that is varied, interesting, easy to manage and healthful reduces anxiety and frustration and that in return makes CICO a lot easier.
    Good Luck !

The "Key West blend" and "Italian blend" entries in the diary are mixed vegetables, I believe. They come with her meal plan. I mean, it's not a lot of vegetables, but it does look like she is eating some just about every day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, it takes longer than two weeks. Second, why aren't you just eating regular food? (Yes I read how you don't like to cook).
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I always think I should become a personal chef when I see what people pay to not make food. Give me $50, reimburse me for the groceries, and I will make 14 meals for you in your kitchen that you just reheat when you're ready (or eat straight out of the fridge, like a sandwich) customized to whatever dietary restrictions you have. Including the recipes to put in your MFP app.
  • Ang108
    Options
    Looking at your food log, I did not see one single fruit ( fresh, canned or dry ) in the last three weeks. Three weeks ago you had 4oz of mixed vegetables and some green beans several times a week, now it's just a few green beans every few days. No other vegetables, no salads, no complex carbs, just processed food, cheese sticks and a small amount of salami. If this is a trainer originated food plan ( which I imagine is expensive ) I wonder what they train for, because the diet is far from being nutritionally balanced. You could do a lot better doing your own meals....many of us would be willing to help you with that.
    I would also organize my plan a bit better and stay within a certain calorie range every day, because eating 600 calories one day and 1400 the next plus exercising 600 calories worth of burn one day ( and not eating correctly for such a high burn) and then doing something completely different the next day really is not helpful in assessing what is going on, because there is no reliable information to go by. That in return makes tweaking your program based on information next to impossible to do.
    I know, that all this is not directly connected to weight loss, because that is determined by CICO, but having a regimen that is varied, interesting, easy to manage and healthful reduces anxiety and frustration and that in return makes CICO a lot easier.
    Good Luck !

The "Key West blend" and "Italian blend" entries in the diary are mixed vegetables, I believe. They come with her meal plan. I mean, it's not a lot of vegetables, but it does look like she is eating some just about every day.

I apologize. I did not think that " Key West " blend would be vegetables and now am curious what they might be. I am not American and do also not live there, but have visited Key West and all I can remember is fish and Piña Coladas....lol.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    Good Luck !

I apologize. I did not think that " Key West " blend would be vegetables and now am curious what they might be. I am not American and do also not live there, but have visited Key West and all I can remember is fish and Piña Coladas....lol.

According to the website, it's green beans, carrots, and red peppers. It doesn't scream "Key West" to me, but it does sound more appealing than the "Omaha blend."

They also have both a "Norway blend" and a "Scandanivian blend." It's almost like an auto-name generator is coming up with these things.

• Ang108
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I always think I should become a personal chef when I see what people pay to not make food. Give me $50, reimburse me for the groceries, and I will make 14 meals for you in your kitchen that you just reheat when you're ready (or eat straight out of the fridge, like a sandwich) customized to whatever dietary restrictions you have. Including the recipes to put in your MFP app.

I absolutely agree with you ! I often have had the same thought, but am not sure that after I retire next year ( after 45 years of full time work ) I want to start something new. I do however like to help people develop a diet they can stick with.....of course having a MA in nutrition helps.
    I personally eat 1200 calories ( because I am going on 70 and am under five feet tall) and eat by volume much more than most women here. Of course cooking my own food and living in a tropical country where fresh produce is available all year long makes things easier.
    I have lost 65pounds without any big problems, have never been frustrated about my food and hope to lose another 35 pounds ( which is maybe difficult to do ) according to MD's orders, but don't know if I should weigh at age 70 ( that's what I will be in another 35 pounds ) the same I weighed the day I graduated from university....:o).
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I find that I typically lose weight, feel fuller and feel better when I eat mostly meats. I eat a good amount of veggies daily, but I focus on consuming Fat and Protien over Carbs and Sugar. Also, today I fit into pants that I never thought would fit me again. I feel like throwing my scale away! It scares me. It will go from 161 to 157 to 160 to 163 to 158 and back again! I feel that's what really was getting me down. BUT the proof is in the pants! I hate water weight.... :(

Yes, throw the scale away. If the pants fit, you are making progress! With all the exercise you're doing you are probably replacing fat with muscle.
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Looking at your food log, I did not see one single fruit ( fresh, canned or dry ) in the last three weeks. Three weeks ago you had 4oz of mixed vegetables and some green beans several times a week, now it's just a few green beans every few days. No other vegetables, no salads, no complex carbs, just processed food ( and with that I do not mean the salting, drying, grinding etc of food, but the adding of chemicals to increase shelf life, keep them nice looking even after 6 month in the freezer, adding extra salt or sugar that has nothing to do with health or nutrition and that kind of thing ), cheese sticks and a small amount of salami. If this is a trainer originated food plan ( which I imagine is expensive ) I wonder what they train for, because the diet is far from being nutritionally balanced. You could do a lot better doing your own meals....many of us would be willing to help you with that.
    I would also organize my plan a bit better and stay within a certain calorie range every day, because eating 600 calories one day and 1400 the next plus exercising 600 calories worth of burn one day ( and not eating correctly for such a high burn) and then doing something completely different the next day really is not helpful in assessing what is going on, because there is no reliable information to go by. That in return makes tweaking your program based on reliable information next to impossible to do.
    I know, that all this is not directly connected to weight loss, because that is determined by CICO, but having a regimen that is varied, interesting, easy to manage and healthful reduces anxiety and frustration ( that is what I walked away from reading your initial post ) and that in return makes CICO a lot easier.
    Good Luck !

I'm currently in the induction phase of Atkins and I don't eat fruits as the are full of sugar. They spike the glycemic index. When I eat them I fall out of ketosis and I get shakey and sometime even black out. (I have hypoglycemia and this low sugar diet helps me regulate myelf) I do however eat a cup or so of veggies with my meals. I don't eat much as I'm trying to stay below a certain amout of carbs per day. To me this is REAL FOOD, I mean, it's not made of plastic lol
  • Ang108
    Options
    Lwalked away from reading your initial post ) and that in return makes CICO a lot easier.
    Good Luck !

I'm currently in the induction phase of Atkins and I don't eat fruits as the are full of sugar. They spike the glycemic index. When I eat them I fall out of ketosis and I get shakey and sometime even black out. (I have hypoglycemia and this low sugar diet helps me regulate myelf) I do however eat a cup or so of veggies with my meals. I don't eat much as I'm trying to stay below a certain amout of carbs per day. To me this is REAL FOOD, I mean, it's not made of plastic lol

If you try to stay below a certain amount of carbs a day it is 100% your choice, especially if you feel good doing so.
    When reading your OP I did however not walk away with the impression that you do feel good.
    You sound frustrated, dissatisfied and disappointed because things are not working the way you imagined they would/should. If that is the case ( after maybe waiting a couple of weeks more) then you need to do something different and that is what I was addressing.
    For me complaining and then defending what you are doing as an excellent thing...well, I don't quite understand it.
    But I do believe that you are of course in charge of what you eat, but would like to suggest that there are certain consequences to each food behavior. If you eat extremely low carbs, you need to eat more protein and more fat....there is no other choice, but those two also seem to go all over the place.

I think you should not just focus on your carb intake, but also look at it in regard to your activities. Let's say you aim for less than 18 grams of carbs, but exercise apart from your daily activitites worth 600+ calories then you need a bit more, or at least more fat and protein.
    I am not saying you " have to " eat certain things, but what I think is needed is a certain balance between the different food groups, because you need the energy to function and to stay active and ultimately healthy. And if you avoid carbs, you HAVE TO eat protein and fat......

• Ang108
    Options
    Good Luck !

According to the website, it's green beans, carrots, and red peppers. It doesn't scream "Key West" to me, but it does sound more appealing than the "Omaha blend."

They also have both a "Norway blend" and a "Scandanivian blend." It's almost like an auto-name generator is coming up with these things.

I can easily imagine an " Omaha " blend: home fried potatoes topped with corn cooked in cream...lol.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    Good Luck !

I can easily imagine an " Omaha " blend: home fried potatoes topped with corn cooked in cream...lol.

Sadly, it's nothing like that. But you are giving me dinner ideas . . .
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lwalked away from reading your initial post ) and that in return makes CICO a lot easier.
    Good Luck !

If you try to stay below a certain amount of carbs a day it is 100% your choice, especially if you feel good doing so.
    When reading your OP I did however not walk away with the impression that you do feel good.
    You sound frustrated, dissatisfied and disappointed because things are not working the way you imagined they would/should. If that is the case ( after maybe waiting a couple of weeks more) then you need to do something different and that is what I was addressing.
    For me complaining and then defending what you are doing as an excellent thing...well, I don't quite understand it.
    But I do believe that you are of course in charge of what you eat, but would like to suggest that there are certain consequences to each food behavior. If you eat extremely low carbs, you need to eat more protein and more fat....there is no other choice, but those two also seem to go all over the place.

I think you should not just focus on your carb intake, but also look at it in regard to your activities. Let's say you aim for less than 18 grams of carbs, but exercise apart from your daily activitites worth 600+ calories then you need a bit more, or at least more fat and protein.
    I am not saying you " have to " eat certain things, but what I think is needed is a certain balance between the different food groups, because you need the energy to function and to stay active and ultimately healthy. And if you avoid carbs, you HAVE TO eat protein and fat......

Upset simply because my scale is not budging but if u read a little after my initial post I fit into pants today that have never fit on me before. So it's too soon to drop what I'm doing because something is working and believe me I eat a lot of fat... I've been doing this a while and I know what to eat. My initial issue was why am I stalling but the answer is I'm not! I'm so happy I went back to atkins it's amazing. I just needed to see a change and fitting in these pants today did it for me!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking your measurements? From what I understand, you may lose inches while not seeing any significant change on the scale. Don't the inches lost mean more? I will take inches lost over the scale any day, lol.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »

My coworkers have paid me for this for years!