Remedies for sore legs

Options
I started body beast last monday and tuesday was leg day. It was fine until I woke up the next day. I couldn't walk, sit properly and forget about climbing the stairs. I couldn't get in and out of the car. Anyway, I continued my exercise and yesterday was leg day again. I just couldn't do it. I skipped and did something else. I tried again today and still I can't push my leg muscles. I can't squat or do lunges at all. Did I do something wrong? I want to continue my exercise. Are there any remedies for sore legs? I don't know how long I'm gonna skip the leg days. My brother in law told me I can put my feet in ice water, has anybody heard of this? I'm a little skeptical.

Replies

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Foam rolling, static stretching, warm baths with Epsom salts and as long as it won't interfere with any other medication you're on or pre existing conditions (check with your doc) if you are in agony pop a couple of ibuprofen. Welcome to the world of DOMS :)
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Stretching as soon as you wake up, before you work out and before you go to bed, Ibuprofen, icy hot, tiger balm, 20 minutes of icing followed by a hot, hot bath and compression sleeves! Leg soreness sucks. Good luck, Karen!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Pop a few ibruprofen and go for a walk. DOMS is very normal when you start something new. It won't be as bad next time. Jump back into it when you can.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Lots of walking followed by Epsom salt baths.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Foam rolling, static stretching, warm baths with Epsom salts and as long as it won't interfere with any other medication you're on or pre existing conditions (check with your doc) if you are in agony pop a couple of ibuprofen. Welcome to the world of DOMS :)

+1.

And yea, icing feet is good only if your feet are sore. But definitely ROLL baby ROLL!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Stretching always helps me. Stretch after your workout to prevent soreness (at least some of it) and also before bed if you want. I find it relaxing, which is why I do it but it's not necessary.
  • Riz72
    Riz72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    a combination of stretching and foam rolling.

My legs are always sore (with some previous injuries too). foam roll every day and you'll see a massive difference in your mobility and range of motion.

Google some foam roll routines... you can roll out everything - IT bands, quads, back, shoulders... it works wonders.

But it's painful. It's like deep tissue massage therapy.
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I looked into it, I'm gonna check some youtube videos. thanks so much
  • dorothybooth
    dorothybooth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yup rolling! I've used a can of beans to roll out a sore muscle before I bought my stick. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FP1SXLM/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A362UFHA247QJN
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

+1

Light cardio and foam rolling helps me. It hurts but it helps.