Is it better to go over on calories, carbs or fat?

Options
tusher2011
tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
Obviously, it would be better to stay within your goals...but on days where that just doesn't or isn't going to happen. Which one would you say is the least harmful in terms of losing weight? Going over on calories, carbs or fat?

Replies

• The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    On cheat meal days, I eat proteins and fats all the way up to the cheat meal.. so I guess for me going over on fats and calories is better than going over on carbs.

weird, never really thought about it before.
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    well carbs and fats are both just different delivery forms of calories. I would rather eat more fat than carbs
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    the trainers at the studio I go to tell us it is more important to get our calories in. They don't seem to like it much when we go over on fats or carbs though. They get really unhappy if we are under the calorie goal.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I hate going over calories...but seeing as you can gain calories by exercising I'd say carbs and fat but if you're eating healthy fats and healthy carbs...idk lol

sodium is evil..HATE HATE HATE HATE going over it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have literally cried when going over on carbs.
    When going over on calories, I can just exercise to get it back off.
  • looseal
    looseal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Depends on which diet plan you are on.
    I'm on a moderate carb/1800 calorie diet. When I'm hungry beyond my daily goal, I eat protein to surpress hunger. If I eat carbs it will only increase my appetite.
    But your milage may vary. Need to experiment with your food intake to see how your body reacts.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Calories and it's not personal preference, it's facts.
    There have been people that have lost weights while eating one kind of food. One ate potatoes for like a month and still lost weight. Only going over your maintenance calories is bad in terms of losing weight. Of course eating crappy foods all the time will mess up your body even though it might not be visible at first.
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to be over on something, I usually aim for protein. I hate being over on fat too often and I rarely am over on carbs. (Weird because I love pasta.)
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Better to go over on fats I'd think, more satiating than carbs. Then you won't go over on calories too, if you eat to many carbs it might make you hungrier after the sugar crash.
  • sltomel
    sltomel Posts: 1
    Options
    Does anyone know how to change the breakup of carbs, protein and fats. My carbs is too high for my type of diet.:smooched:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go over on anything but my calories. Honestly I don't like going over on anything I sometimes check what I have planned for dinner to make sure what I'm fixing doesn't throw me over.
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Darn it, I wish you guys woud have said carbs!...lol. I went waaaay over on carbs today...but under or at, on everything else. Just poor meal planning on my part!