Um why? :huh:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah why? Surprise calories for you?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil has medium chain triglycerides that your body tends to use before other oils. I bet you burned it up long ago.

A bit of fat is a good thing in your meals. The calories are higher, but it is good for you. :)
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Ya can't live without some fats. Why so serious?
  • faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Because I was avoiding saturated fat .
  • faduma123
    Options
    nvsmomketo wrote: »
    Coconut oil has medium chain triglycerides that your body tends to use before other oils. I bet you burned it up long ago.

A bit of fat is a good thing in your meals. The calories are higher, but it is good for you. :)

Thanks for the information
  • faduma123
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yeah why? Surprise calories for you?
    I don't mind the calories I needed some anyways just the saturated fat
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Were you told to limit saturated fat?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Interesting. I'd be less thrilled about the calories and more happy about the fat. I'm always low on fat.
  • faduma123
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I read something online lol nd it stuck with me
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'd be less thrilled about the calories and more happy about the fat. I'm always low on fat.

+1
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Virgin coconut oil is healthy in modest amounts. It can actually help weight loss!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    faduma123 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I read something online lol nd it stuck with me

Just remember not everything on the internet is true.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

+1

It's a vicious cycle. Eat low fat because I like high volume, then complain about low fat. I try.
  • ahoy_m8
    Options

+1

It's a vicious cycle. Eat low fat because I like high volume, then complain about low fat. I try.

Whatever you're doing works. You look incredible!
  • arditarose
    Options

+1

Whatever you're doing works. You look incredible!

lol. Thank you!
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    For my age and BF%, I just don't get quite as many calories as I'd like, so I hear you about coming up short on fat. Of course if I cut all alcohol, I'd have more to work with. Tried that for a while and it just didn't work for me. Lol. Too stressful.
  • arditarose
    Options
    For my age and BF%, I just don't get quite as many calories as I'd like, so I hear you about coming up short on fat. Of course if I cut all alcohol, I'd have more to work with. Tried that for a while and it just didn't work for me. Lol. Too stressful.

I'm short and don't do cardio so rarely feel like spending my calories on oil and fatty meat. I just try to do it once in awhile and watch if I get low for more than a couple days in a row. I've been making more room for avocado and it's helped! And I'm with you on the drinks. I always bank for a...few.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I'm short and don't do cardio so rarely feel like spending my calories on oil and fatty meat. I just try to do it once in awhile and watch if I get low for more than a couple days in a row. I've been making more room for avocado and it's helped! And I'm with you on the drinks. I always bank for a...few.

I do cardio and still don't like to spend a lot of calories on oil and high fat. I get most of my fat from avocado and full-fat dairy. When I do use oil, it's olive oil.
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    Haha. I always bank. Sometimes not enough. :-o Almonds are my main fat source. Love avocado, too, but don't always have those on hand. Bacon is a pretty good flavor bang for the calorie buck, but don't have time to put it in everything. But I never feel guilty about having it. Cheers!