Bible Study then gym! Any Christians in the house??

Options
Newborn here, any fave scripture on motivation/health or anything you'd like to drop; Please do!

Replies

• simquilts2
    simquilts2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a Christian in the house. "Live Out Your Faith with Fitness" is a plan I found in the You Version Bible app. It's uplifting to get "fit support" from our Lord, as well as friends on MFP. Hebrews 12:12 "Therefore strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees."
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1 Timothy 4:8- "for the training of the body has a limited benefit,
    but godliness is beneficial in every way,
    since it holds promise for the present life
    and also for the life to come."
    This one is my favorite because it reminds me that although physical training is good and has some value, training for godliness and growing in the Lord trains your mind, spirit, and soul, which has much more lasting value. <3
  • AlaskaSusan
    AlaskaSusan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hebrews 12:1 has been my reminder to get the weight off and to get fit. Down over 100# now and I'm more in shape than I've been since I was 20 (I turn 60 in a few weeks). This scripture of course is about our spiritual growth, but it uses a physical challenge to illustrate. Bless you!!!
    "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    simquilts2 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm a Christian in the house. "Live Out Your Faith with Fitness" is a plan I found in the You Version Bible app. It's uplifting to get "fit support" from our Lord, as well as friends on MFP. Hebrews 12:12 "Therefore strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees."

I love this verse thanks so much for it! I will look that up :D
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    Kghaines wrote: »
    1 Timothy 4:8- "for the training of the body has a limited benefit,
    but godliness is beneficial in every way,
    since it holds promise for the present life
    and also for the life to come."
    This one is my favorite because it reminds me that although physical training is good and has some value, training for godliness and growing in the Lord trains your mind, spirit, and soul, which has much more lasting value. <3

BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes keeping the Lords temple healthy is a must :) along with his guidance to grow and live a meaningful life!!!! Thanks so much!
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    Hebrews 12:1 has been my reminder to get the weight off and to get fit. Down over 100# now and I'm more in shape than I've been since I was 20 (I turn 60 in a few weeks). This scripture of course is about our spiritual growth, but it uses a physical challenge to illustrate. Bless you!!!
    "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

WOW I'm at a loss of words, this is deep, I absolutely love it! I am going to dissect it some more, thanks a bundle!! Bless you my beautiful friends! WE have to look UNTO Jesus and not on to!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This topic is closed with respect the following guideline:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

There are a few groups on MFP that may be of interest to you and allow you to connect with other members who hold similar beliefs:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/378-christian-support-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3288-we-are-made-to-crave-lets-get-fit-4-christ
This discussion has been closed.