Girls Only! Around 5' 5, Needing to Lose 30-70 lbs. We motivate each other!!!

Options

Replies

• supkmillz
    supkmillz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and now at about 202, I started at 205 when I started MFP a couple weeks ago! I'm really focusing on changing my eating habits and going to the gym three times a week. I'm a commuting graduate student and I gained a lot of weight after my first year. I'm trying to get back control of all that now. My ultimate goal is to get around 160, but I'm shooting for 180 first. Please feel free to add me!
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 171(ish- depending on the day). I have been overweight my whole life. i grew up in the hot dogs/mac and cheese/swiss cake rolls era and it's what i always go back to (well, not the hot dogs anymore, ew). i got down to 135 when i was about 18 when i first joined the military and didn't have a clue that i was thin, i still saw myself as being fat. i look back now and feel sorry for that girl.
    i've been logging on MFP for 145 days now and lost about 9lbs, a lot slower than i would like and i wonder if i'll ever get out of the 170's (i've gone up and down from 170-174 like 3 times now). sometimes i am scared that this is it. and i'm working really hard just to be here at 171!

what are you talking about adding to??? can you add me?
  • kassandraanniexoxo
    kassandraanniexoxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love helping to motivate people and helping people on their journey!
  • pravenel
    pravenel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only been using the app for less than 2wks so i dont know how to add folks. Clean eating is helping me feel, look so much better!!! Little or no processed foods. Still looking to lose 31 lbs for a total of 40. Let's DO this!!!!!
  • Manzein91
    Manzein91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im sure all of you can do it! It all in the mind!. i was a 134kg! and drop to 90kg! for about a year but i gain back those 8kilos in 1yr and 1/2? gonna burn them fats down!!
  • Manzein91
    Options
    testimony to my prev. post! jqi5uekj0qlb.jpg

Testimony to my prev post! u ladies can do it!!
  • fitjourney_kat
    fitjourney_kat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5'2 looking to loose around 50-60lbs! I could use all the support and motivation I could get!
  • chrisgemaranderson
    chrisgemaranderson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added to the group to give and receive encouragement! I'm 60, 5'3", 163 lbs working my way down to a healthy 124 but my real quest is to drop my BP from from 180/110 to something lower than 120/80. I'm tracking BP as earnestly as my weight to make sure get as many good years as I can with my family. Good luck to all of us!
  • ArtsyLinZi
    ArtsyLinZi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Manzein91 wrote: »

Wow!!! You look great! Awesome job!
  • LaceyD21
    LaceyD21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also need the motivation so you can add me as well!!
  • ArtsyLinZi
    Options
    Yay! Glad to see so many people here!
  • akcolli
    akcolli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just started a couch to 5k. I thought i would die, especially in this heat. But I stuck in there and jogged more than I had planned! We got this!!
  • fitjourney_kat
    fitjourney_kat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @akcolli C25K is one of my favorite apps I have every found!
  • Manzein91
    Options
    ArtsyLinZi wrote: »

Thanks!!
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    akcolli wrote: »
    Just started a couch to 5k. I thought i would die, especially in this heat. But I stuck in there and jogged more than I had planned! We got this!!

I want to try this.. Afraid to though because I have had 4 knee surgeries and it's super hot here
  • metcastillon
    metcastillon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 5'5", currently 210 lbs (SW: 235) and am looking to get down to 150 lbs eventually. I have always had issues with my weight and am looking for some motivation to help keep me on track.
  • ArtsyLinZi
    Options
    ArtsyLinZi wrote: »

Thanks!!

No problem, Manzein!!
  • ArtsyLinZi
    Options
    emmoen wrote: »

I want to try this.. Afraid to though because I have had 4 knee surgeries and it's super hot here

Don't worry! You can do it! I'm sure you can!
  • ArtsyLinZi
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 5'5", currently 210 lbs (SW: 235) and am looking to get down to 150 lbs eventually. I have always had issues with my weight and am looking for some motivation to help keep me on track.

I'm right there with you! Lets do this together! :3
  • akcolli
    akcolli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    emmoen wrote: »

I totally understand! Just remember work up to it on your own pace! if have access to an indoor track start there and work your way outside when it gets cooler.