How I deal with chocolate cravings

Options
For some reason when I am craving chocolate, I have a tablespoon of peanut butter and it kills the craving. I don't know if it is just me but I thought I should pass the tip along incase it can help any of you that crave chocolate.:smile:

Replies

• Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing ... I m a big chocolate lover , especially black chocolate what I do when I m craving chocolate is also to eat cacao beans or simply eat some cocoa with milk and a tablespoon of honey ... that helps too :)) ... and is not so much cheating :D
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't shy away from chocolate. It's good for you as long as it's dark and in moderation.

I eat at least 70-85% dark and a half a serving with a dollop of peanut butter or a 1/2 oz of nuts makes me feel like I'm eating a candy bar!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I don't shy away from chocolate. It's good for you as long as it's dark and in moderation.

I eat at least 70-85% dark and a half a serving with a dollop of peanut butter or a 1/2 oz of nuts makes me feel like I'm eating a candy bar!

LIKE! teehee YUM!
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    Theres 90 calories in a tbsp of PB, or 110 in a fudgicle... lol If I want chocolate I have a fudgicle.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Agree....at 100 calories for a tablespoon of peanut butter why not just have the equivalent calories in chocolate?
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    Yes, my cousin told me that eating nuts kills the chocolate craving for some reason...hmmm, i'll take the chocolate :-D
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I keep a bowl of Hershey's dark chocolate nuggets with almonds on the counter. If I have a chocolate craving, one will do the trick!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter works for me with any sweet craving. Also when it just has to be chocolate I will indulge in 1/2 of a Mint 3 Musketeers bar. It's only 75 calories, low in fat and very satisfying.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've tried this. I love peanut better. Bought some a while ago to have for snacks on days when I was having trouble reaching my calorie goal.

Ended up eating the whole jar. . .

I have no self control.
  • brosehemian
    brosehemian Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i make a nice cup of coffee. i have a keurig and can make lots of flavoured coffee fast. a packet of sweetner and i have all the sweetness and caffeine i need that my body craves for chocolate.
  • brosehemian
    brosehemian Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    or a bite of a really dark chocolate. i only need a tiny bit because its bitter. but definately kills the craving.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I find if I avoid a craving I over do other foods. So I nibble and enjoy the chocolate I do have. Sometimes I go overboard, but I am working on that. :happy:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I do chocolate pudding. Yum!