How much did you lose in the first 6 months?

Options

Replies

• xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Only about 20lbs.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Versacam wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies everyone and congratulations for the weight loss you each had, I can't wait to be saying the same.

40lbs would be 2lbs a week until Christmas, if I could lose more I'd like to, but then I guess I'll feel a lot better after losing 40lbs + the 7 or 8lbs I've lost already from my heaviest weight this year.

I do enjoy exercise and I'm trying to use this to my advantage, although it's not as fun when you are 19 stones :( But I'm giving it my best shot to get back into a routine and it's something I enjoy, so I'm lucky in that way.

I can't say how much I lost, because I did it in insane ways (was 290 lbs, lost 30 in one month due to giardia & dysentery in a foreign country) and I wasn't really tracking back then.

But it sounds like you're on track - and you've got such an awesome attitude towards it! You're right that exercising at 270 lbs is no fun at all - but the great thing is that you've got built-in weights. Use it to your advantage! Your walking/biking routine sounds fabulous. Walk everywhere, if you can. Go up stairs, not escalators, etc. Everything will make a difference.

Best of luck with your goals!
  • 89omegaman
    89omegaman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am down 23 pounds in the 10 weeks. My starting weight was 280 and I am now 257. My goal is 225 by the end of the year.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    -47 pds 6 months
    -95 in 13 mo.
  • fitchlets
    fitchlets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 280lbs (20 stones), 32F, 5ft 6.5". I am down to 269lbs (19st 3lbs) now, lost 7 lbs in July.

I've got 5 months until a holiday in the sun over Christmas and I'm wondering what everyone else achieved in the first 5/6 months of their diet.

I'm trying a 1000 calorie deficit from my BMR, and an additional 2000-3000 from cardio exercise, some of which I may eat back. I have a HRM, so it's a fairly accurate burn I think.

Anyhow, be great to hear your success stories.

70 pounds
  • fulltimelife
    fulltimelife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    43 lbs so far in 3 months and a bit. Started at 308, now at 265. Aiming for under 200. I am 5'10. I have calorie deficit calculated at 2 lbs per week. Currently allotted 1470 calories. I almost always meet but rarely exceed that amount. Earned calories are usually not eaten back, save for a few if needed. I exercise daily, but not strenuously. Right now it has just been walking, and using my Fitbit Charge to keep track of my steps. 10,000 step daily goal. Some days more, some days less. I could probably shave off more weight quicker with more intense work outs (I have in the past--have put on and taken off large amounts of weight several times), but I am going for the long game this time around. Doing what feels natural, can be incorporated into schedule/lifestyle, and can be sustainable any time of year or weather. Occasionally I'll add some intensity and challenges now and likely much more so in the future when either the weight removal starts to slow down, or I feel ready for something different, more challenging, etc. Main thing for me is to eat as healthy as possible, keep calories in check, and make sure I move my body every day. I'm a bit of a gamer, so the days I don't make a point to move are the days I can pretty much sit all day. My Fitbit has been an excellent tool in this regard. Helps keep me accountable!

Best wishes to you :)
  • tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    My weight loss was pretty linear for an entire year. I kept my calories about the same but increased the time and intensity of workouts because it did get a little harder to lose. From this chart it looks like I lost around 75 to 80 pounds the first six months.
    153wnzl.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 3 months in... Not 6, but I've lost 19lbs from 164 to 145 averaging just under 1300 calories with almost no exercise. (Average 3000 steps a day)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm down 50.4 lbs. as of today and I'll hit 6 months late next week. Started at 202, and I'm 5'4". It's starting to slow down, now. I don't eat back my exercise calories because I don't feel like I ever work out hard enough to justify extra calories.
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 months in and down 37lbs. start weight 245, currently 208. I exercise a few times a week, mostly walking. And trying to stay at or under (more days than not) calorie goal of 1300/day. I am in it for the long haul with 75-100 lbs to lose so I'm not being perfect--keeping it sustainable.

Good luck to you!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I just hit 6 months of logging on MFP and I have lost 55 pounds. I still have about 20 pounds left before I'm in a healthy weight range, so I had 75 pounds to lose total when I started.
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I lost a little bit of weight by doing a couple things, but once I buckled down and started logging on here I've lost 65lb in the last 6-7 months. 97lb from my heaviest.
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the weight lost everyone :smiley:

Sounds like my goal is achievable then, I'll aim for 50lbs total 6 month goal and see how I get on.

You've all really motivated me, so, thank you!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20.5lb in 60 days (~2.3lb/week). My goal was 1.5lb/week, but obviously I'm doing a poor job of eating back my exercise calories. My average total calorie intake is 20 calories over the goal that MFP originally set for me.

I project that I will lose 40-50lb in 6 months. I decided to stay at my current calorie goal until vacation (in 2 weeks), and then re-calculate for a 1lb/week goal. I'll probably stay there until I'm ~35lb down, and then switch to 0.5lb/week until the end (the last 5-15lb).
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Started March 2nd, going into my 5th month. I have lost 55 pounds so far. I predict that at the 6 month mark I will have lost a bit over 60 pounds.
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 280lbs (20 stones), 32F, 5ft 6.5". I am down to 269lbs (19st 3lbs) now, lost 7 lbs in July.

I've got 5 months until a holiday in the sun over Christmas and I'm wondering what everyone else achieved in the first 5/6 months of their diet.

I'm trying a 1000 calorie deficit from my BMR, and an additional 2000-3000 from cardio exercise, some of which I may eat back. I have a HRM, so it's a fairly accurate burn I think.

Anyhow, be great to hear your success stories.

About 30 out of 40lb goal.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    About 75lbs, from 253.5.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    For 6 months I lost 115 pounds. I started at 326 @ 6'5".
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was 182lbs and in 6 months I lost 56lbs.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    28lbs in 6 months (that's about a 1.25 lbs a week).

I know it sounds great to lose a bunch of weight really quick, but it's not healthy. No one should be losing more than 2lbs a week (and then only if you're obese) unless you are under a doctor's supervision.