Eighty-one pounds to lose

Options
My mother told me about this site to encourage me to start my weight loss journey, but I have no idea where to even start! I'm only twenty years old and I'm eighty-one pounds overweight. I've had two children in the last three years, the more recent of the two was in March of this year. I know that I can't expect for it to just fall off, but I'm already so discouraged that I let myself get so overweight. I want to feel good about myself, and I want to be able to run around with my kids and feel sexy when I'm out with my husband.
Are there any tips that can be given to help me start my journey to lose weight, and advice would be very much appreciated. (-:

Replies

• CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You will find lots so support here.
    The best advice I can give you is take it one day at a time and drink lots and lots of water!!:drinker: <----water in the cups
    Good luck with your new life style change.
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Get some friends on here...create your goals, big & small with rewards! Take your measurements.
    Yes, drink lots of water! Exercise, but make it fun! YOU CAN DO IT
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this. You remind me of my daughter. She is also 20 and I would venture a guess that she's close to 100 pounds overweight. She has no children. She just stopped playing basketball and kept eating. I did the same thing when I was her age. I've taken it off, put it back on, taken it off again, and then put it back on with my two children. It was just last year that I got serious about losing weight again...mostly to encourage my daughter to lose her weight. I've dropped almost 55 pounds in less than a year. I have 30 more pounds to go. Just remember, it is not going to come off overnight. It takes a long time. And even if you lose a pound to a pound and a half a week, you're looking at a year to a year and a half. Please just be patient. Take it one day and one pound at a time. And stay positive! Yes, you will have your down days but you will have more up days! Feel free to friend request me. Set little goals at first. Concentrate on the first five pounds, then the next, then the next. It will happen. Do it for your children so that they have a healthy mom to run with them! :)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah.....I've lost 51 lbs and have 94 left so I definitely know how you feel. I didn't know how to get started either and I felt so overwhelmed at the thought of all the weight to lose but I lucked up on this site and signed up and started logging my calories and then I went through my fridge and cabinets and cleaned out all the junk food and unhealthy stuff and went to the grocery store and bought healthier food. Then I started exercising 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week....that was 5 months ago. Now, I eat healthier without thinking about it. I love to exercise and spend hours in the gym and I lift weights....heavy weights (I'll be 52 in a couple of months). I tell you all this to show you that you can just start out by cutting out cheese or soda or candy or whatever and build from there. Set small goals and don't look at the overall picture.....not yet. Drink lots of water and try to exercise at least 3 times a week for 20-60 minutes. You can do this and we are all here to help you! :flowerforyou: