Is the 21 day fix tricking people into starving themselves?

Options
hello! I'm on day 4 of the 21 day fix with my husband. Neither one of us have much weight to lose, we mainly just wanted to do this to "cleanse" ourselves from all the summer cookouts, too many beers, and one too many deserts. Anyways, I've been making our meals, following the "rules" of the 21df to a T. All the containers, and teaspoons. And no matter what I do, I'm always under calories, like 800-900 cals! And my husband who is in the "1800" calorie group is barely getting 1300-1400 cals. So is that the trick to the 21df? Does beachbody have you eat your containers worth of food and you think "I'm getting at least 1200 calories." When in reality you are eating way beneath? Or is it just me?! I don't see how I could possibly change my meal plan to get more calories without adding new containers each day.. Any insight would be greatly appreciated..

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    It's tricking people by taking their $$$. What you and your husband are doing is simple cico with expensive tupperware. And your body doesn't need to do a "cleanse", it does it every day anyway.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    It's beach body, so it's gimmicky. I did the 21df, but was counting too and made sure to get the 1200 in minimally a day.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I think she just means, that she's taking a big break from over-indulging? Or not, idk...
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's tricking people by taking their $$$. What you and your husband are doing is simple cico with expensive tupperware. And your body doesn't need to do a "cleanse", it does it every day anyway.

Yep, it's true!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Yep
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think it's part of the plan so people go "I was eating 1200 calories of whatever and only losing X, but when I did the 21 days fix, I ate 1200 calories of what they told me to and lost Y!!!". When really you lose more because you're not eating 1200 at all. It's quite clever. Dodgy as all get out, but clever.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Yep

Yep 3. ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Follow the meal plan, and then have a party with the extra cals. Sounds good to me.
  • Talkativeartist
    Talkativeartist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd about their plan but beach body has the best work out videos!
  • eilatanselaznog
    eilatanselaznog Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I agree that it's just a money maker for beachbody. I didn't buy it, borrowed all of the necessaries from a friend who raves and raves about it. After trying it out now, I totally see what a gimmick it is. It's pathetic. It's literally teaching people to starve themselves for weight loss.
    As far as cleansing, I just wanted to abstain from all the junk I've been overindulging in all summer. I find it easier to commit this way.

Anyways, When I was actively trying to lose weight, I would eat 1800 calories minimum each day with great success, so I know the more calories the better. I just wonder how many people blindly follow this stupid program without even thinking about tracking their calories! If I had actually purchased the program, I'd probably complain, not that it would do much, but it really bugs me.
  • Sam_Lam88
    Sam_Lam88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I found that it was actually way more food than I was used to eating.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, beachbody is pathetic and a mlm scam. Its overpriced Tupperware.
  • eilatanselaznog
    eilatanselaznog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it's part of the plan so people go "I was eating 1200 calories of whatever and only losing X, but when I did the 21 days fix, I ate 1200 calories of what they told me to and lost Y!!!". When really you lose more because you're not eating 1200 at all. It's quite clever. Dodgy as all get out, but clever.

Seriously. ^ literally the science to the program! It's awful! I feel bad for people who don't know any better and just blindly follow.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have the containers which I bought on their own as I like them and find them useful for packing my lunch snacks & keeping everything separate. I have never used them to follow the 21DF eating plan as that isn't why I bought them but the containers are small IMO & if using them for portion control as advised in the 21DF I can see that it is likely that I would be eating fewer calories than the plan apparently intends you to get from that number of containers. I think I would definitely struggle to get my protein in when I eyeball that red container :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I don't see how people are having so much trouble getting enough calories on 21df.

I eat 5x a day, and still have trouble getting all my fruits and veggies in. The only time I get hungry is when it's time for my next meal.
  • Lexi_Dias
    Lexi_Dias Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My whole family has done 21day fix and we couldn't even eat all it wanted us to we got full. The creator of the program has said you are allowed to stuff as much as you can into your container and it still counts. My sister lost over 60 pounds with two rounds. You also have to remember the 21 day fix isn't just an eating program. You must work out as well. To get the best results drink shakeology but that's not for everyone an that's okay. I hope this helps
  • 123user456
    123user456 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lexi_Dias wrote: »
    My whole family has done 21day fix and we couldn't even eat all it wanted us to we got full. The creator of the program has said you are allowed to stuff as much as you can into your container and it still counts. My sister lost over 60 pounds with two rounds. You also have to remember the 21 day fix isn't just an eating program. You must work out as well. To get the best results drink shakeology but that's not for everyone an that's okay. I hope this helps

2 rounds = 6 weeks, right? So 60+ pounds in 6 weeks - an average of 10+ pounds per week?

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Yep

Yep 3. ;)

Yep 4. Anyone for 5?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »

Yep

Yep 3. ;)

Yep 4. Anyone for 5?

Yep 5
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am skeptical. In my experience, money spent on the method and weight loss are inversely proportional.