Is the 21 day fix tricking people into starving themselves?

Options
2»

Replies

• eilatanselaznog
    eilatanselaznog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lexi_Dias wrote: »
    My whole family has done 21day fix and we couldn't even eat all it wanted us to we got full. The creator of the program has said you are allowed to stuff as much as you can into your container and it still counts. My sister lost over 60 pounds with two rounds. You also have to remember the 21 day fix isn't just an eating program. You must work out as well. To get the best results drink shakeology but that's not for everyone an that's okay. I hope this helps

That's great! Although it seems like a lot of weight for such a short time period. I've heard a lot of people have had great success with it. I also am aware of the exercise program. I'm not necesarilly trying to lose any weight, I was just trying it out in hopes to get back on track with healthy eating after all the not-so-healthy summer outings and what not. Even if I cram my little container full, and eat just things on the list, it is still very difficult to reach 1200 calories. All I'm saying is, I think many people who don't track calories and try the 21 day fix are going to end up under eating and malnourished. I know my body, and I could tell just by the amount I was eating that it was less than 1000 cals, and lo and behold, it was.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I just love how on the website, it showed using all of those containers; just to make 1 salad. Forget exercising, I'd lose weight, just loading & unloading my dishwasher endlessly & the cost of the program doesn't include all of the dishwasher detergent & water either.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @eilatanselaznog phew, that's an awkward username! Lol

I just wanted to ask is the amount of food you and your husband eating filling you up, or are you hungry all the time?
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For fun, I went and used the 21 day fix calculator and the group it put me in would have an approximate calorie counts that was 1000 below my TDEE. Um....my BMI is 22, I think that's a little inappropriate.
  • eilatanselaznog
    Options
    @eilatanselaznog phew, that's an awkward username! Lol

I just wanted to ask is the amount of food you and your husband eating filling you up, or are you hungry all the time?

No, that's the thing, we were starving! I knew it would be a drop in calories for me bc the calorie group it lugged me into was 1200-1500, but it was only 21 days so I figured I'd give it a try. It hasn't been so bad now that I've upped the portions and have tracked calories to make sure I am getting at least 1200.
  • eilatanselaznog
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    For fun, I went and used the 21 day fix calculator and the group it put me in would have an approximate calorie counts that was 1000 below my TDEE. Um....my BMI is 22, I think that's a little inappropriate.

Right! It initially gave me a number below 1100, but told me to "round up to 1200." Maybe the 21 day fix is only intended for people fairly overweight/extremely overweight? Maybe that's why the calorie calculations are so low? But even so, I still don't think it's healthy.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Make sure you pack the containers to the brim. I don't own the containers but I use measuring cups and containers of the same size. At first I wasn't putting enough in and was only getting 900-1000 calories, then I read that if you have the containers they say if it fits in the container, you can eat it. Now I'm making sure I pack the container instead of assuming I'm taking too much and I've hit 1200 each day since.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    People use the word "cleanse" to mean "cutting out the junk food" or "doing a one day juice fast," but there are also things called cleanses that are extremely dangerous, like pumping your body full of salt. Well, most people would vomit the salt up, but if they didn't, it could kill them.

That "cleanse" word is scary, depending on context!

Beachbody is a scam from beginning to end. But there are people out there who like faddish, trendy diets, so I guess if they're happy, I'm happy for them. The Beachbody people really irk me with their pretending to know how to coach or instruct others on weight loss while trying to scam them into buying their stuff, though. Me no likely.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My whole family has done 21day fix and we couldn't even eat all it wanted us to we got full. The creator of the program has said you are allowed to stuff as much as you can into your container and it still counts. My sister lost over 60 pounds with two rounds. You also have to remember the 21 day fix isn't just an eating program. You must work out as well. To get the best results drink shakeology but that's not for everyone an that's okay. I hope this helps

1 post. Claiming 10+lb/week loss. Claims best results = shakeology.

Hello BB "coach"! You are not needed here. Thanks though. Bai!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

1 post. Claiming 10+lb/week loss. Claims best results = shakeology.

Hello BB "coach"! You are not needed here. Thanks though. Bai!

LOL. Yeah, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade and I do like the program so far, but you do NOT need to drink Shakeology to get the best results at ALL. There are cheaper alternatives to Shakeology if you really do want to drink one of your meals daily. My Shakeology dupes are Vega One All In One Nutritional Shake and Garden of Life Raw Meal, both can be purchased on Amazon, Whole Foods, or many other places online and in stores and are not part of coach/money schemes. As far as not being able to eat all of it you got so full, that happened to me for the first few days, but now my body is warm all the time and I'm hungry by the time every meal comes around. If someone is going to do this program, they should definitely be eating all of their containers. Beachbody has some great workout programs, but there is nothing magic about Beachbody that you can't find elsewhere. I'm doing the 21 Day Fix because I enjoy the workouts and it's keeping me on my toes with my vegetable intake. I've lost 2 pounds already by using the eating plan and doing the workouts, NO Shakeology. Also, I went for a run today, so I'm letting myself go over on a green and red container. Do what feels best for YOU and listen to your body.