Calories and Exercise

Options
Hello! I know what people say shouldn't really matter to me but what someone said has me questioning what I was doing. I eat around 1300-1500 calories a day, lift 3 times a week, and cardio twice a week. This person saw I was eating scramble egg whites and I got full and had some left. He said, " if you were working hard in the gym, you would be eating more then that" For the amount of calories I eat, is that enough for what I am doing in the gym? Hunger wise.. I am perfectly content with how much I am eating. Any thoughts?

Replies

• FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calorie in/out? What are your goals? Do you want to gain or lose weight?

In general, trust the numbers you are tracking not the opinion of some random person.
  • barthel2387
    barthel2387 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am female, 5'10. I am 162 lbs right now trying to get down to 150-155. Have lost 25 lbs in 4 months already :)

I do not track all calories, only the ones I know for sure what they are. Packaged items, drinks ect. I am currently deployed, and have NO idea what the dining facility puts in their food. Or for instance, I ask for scrambled egg whites... I get a scoop of egg whites..
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion and is more than happy to share that opinion with you. The only opinion that matters is yours.

If it's working for you, stick to it.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I am female, 5'10. I am 162 lbs right now trying to get down to 150-155. Have lost 25 lbs in 4 months already :)

I do not track all calories, only the ones I know for sure what they are. Packaged items, drinks ect. I am currently deployed, and have NO idea what the dining facility puts in their food. Or for instance, I ask for scrambled egg whites... I get a scoop of egg whites..

If you're not weighing, you're eating more than you think, so you're probably taking in much more than 1300-1500. Since you can't accurately track and with only a few pounds to go, if you're losing more than 0.5 lbs a week, I would add a little bit each day to get to that rate of loss. If it's less of a loss, cut back a bit.

Congrats on your success so far!
  • barthel2387
    barthel2387 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am honestly not even sure EXACTLY what my weight loss would be per week.. I know a lot of its water weight but this has been the month of July..

1 July- 168.8
    5 July- 163.8
    8 July-165.8
    12 July-165.2
    15 July-168.0
    19 July-163.4
    22 July-165.0
    25 July-163.X
    26 July-162.6
    29 July-163.X
    31 July

I know why it fluctuates every other week ( I weigh in Wednesdays and Sundays, I weight more on Wednesdays..) ( cheat day is Sunday) and where the X's are.. I forgot what the .# was lol