My scales keep showing different weights..

Options
Depending on where they are in the bathroom they show different weights!
How can i get a more accurate reading?

Replies

• RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That what mine does. Best thing to do is weigh yourself in the same place always.

Make sure that is in a flat even surface.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Put them on as solid a surface as possible. Any springing happening underneath them can throw them off a little
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Weight yourself at the same time every morning, naked, once a week. And at the same stage in your day , pre or post breakfast etc
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just always keep them in the same place for each weigh in (i put mine on a certain tile, pointed in the same way).

Also make sure to try and keep every else the same when you weigh in as well. Best time is first thing in the morning after you've been to the bathroom, but before you've eaten or drank anything - oh and be naked or close to it - your comfy pjs can add a few lbs and throw things off!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Depending on where they are in the bathroom they show different weights!
    How can i get a more accurate reading?

Just keep them in the same place, on a hard, even surface, where you can step on them without needing to move them.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    neogramps wrote: »
    your comfy pjs can add a few lbs and throw things off!

PJs that weigh a few lbs don't sound very comfy! :wink:

• racheljasminewood
    racheljasminewood Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    My bathroom floor doesn't seem very even and it doesn't have tiles it has that non furry carpet thing which I can't remember what it's called hahaha.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My bathroom floor doesn't seem very even and it doesn't have tiles it has that non furry carpet thing which I can't remember what it's called hahaha.

There is the likely cause.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Move it to a hard surface...or get something hard, like a small piece of wood, and put that under your scale. Also, my scale is digital and I find I get more consistent readings when I zero it out each time. You might try that too if your scale is digital.

• flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Never use the scale on carpet, bathmat or any other floor cover. Use it on the same spot -- pick a tile or floor seam to line it up on. Scales are silly sensitive to any variation in surface.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Weight yourself at the same time every morning, naked, once a week. And at the same stage in your day , pre or post breakfast etc

Post breakfast? You eat and drink the sames things for weigh in days?
  • amudd645
    amudd645 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There's also a deviation on weighing in sometimes. Mine has a deviation of .4 lbs (on it it says d =.4) so there are times where mine will fluctuate a bit just due to a bit of error.