My name is Nina, and I'm a soda-aholic

Options
neenbeck
neenbeck Posts: 34 Member
Fellow soda addicts, rejoice! What is your go-to drink to fend off those nasty soda cravings? I have a 12 pack of seltzer water in my car and a little bottle of crystal light flavor drops. Couple drops in the can and its like drinking a soda, without the guilt!!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Any tasty diet soda.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ^Yup. I'm a big fan of cherry coke zero.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I gave it up years ago. I used to drink at least a 2 litre a day, many times more. I went cold turkey and switched to water. I don't even like it now. It's not even a temptation.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Any tasty diet soda.

This^

I have 1 or 2 cans of diet soda everyday.....no guilt here.
  • neenbeck
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Any tasty diet soda.

I had to kick the diet soda :( I was too addicted to it. I found myself craving it first thing, and wanting it all day. I'm a nanny, and my kids would always get in my car and look around and say "jeez Nina, how many diet cokes have you had today?" because there would be an empty can in every cup holder. Additionally, it makes my skin look dull. Long story short, no more diet soda for me.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened iced tea every day. I drink a few cans of diet soda on the weekend (over at my parents), and I had some diet yesterday at a work lunch thing.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper or Vanilla Coke Zero.
    Sorry....I know that you were looking for alternatives to soda, but as you can see, it is not the devil! I drink this because I enjoy it, but I also drink loads of water, iced tea, Crystal Light, iced coffee, etc.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you are truly "addicted" to it, wouldn't the best thing be abstinence? Drink water.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If I want a soda, I have a soda. If I crave something else, I have that too.

I just make sure it fits my macros.
  • neenbeck
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    If you are truly "addicted" to it, wouldn't the best thing be abstinence? Drink water.

Yep! Which is why I don't drink it anymore! 7 days soda free! Woohoo!
  • neenbeck
    Options
    I also forgot to mention another one of my go-to's- water with lemon!!! Yum!
  • neenbeck
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    Diet Dr. Pepper or Vanilla Coke Zero.
    Sorry....I know that you were looking for alternatives to soda, but as you can see, it is not the devil! I drink this because I enjoy it, but I also drink loads of water, iced tea, Crystal Light, iced coffee, etc.

Hahaha, I agree! It certainly isn't the devil! Diet Dr. Pepper is super yummy.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I had a bad reaction between a medication and all fake sweeteners out there. Yes, I tried just about all of them to see- sucralose, nutrasweet, asparatame, xylose.. all gave me the bad reaction. So i read labels and quit all diet soda, crystal light, mio's etc. I then added in one can of REGULAR soda a day. No other changes. I lost 10lbs in about 3 weeks. Of course, that strict one can of regular soda a day then grew and grew and I gained that 10lbs back. So now i'm back to no soda, diet or otherwise.. unless enjoying a mixed drink when out to dinner! Moderation after all, right? :wink:
    I find I love decaff unsweetened ice tea. I also discovered La Croix sparkling water. It's flavored, but has no sweeteners, no sugars, no salt. It's really good! I drink it by itself, and i've used it to dilute lemonade(homemade) and Smirnoff Ice drinks. Reduces calories for those "treat" drinks and is yummy and satisfies my soda cravings when I have them.