Cheat Day, not that enjoyable and now feeling sick?

Options
2»

Replies

• jbyrne1110
    jbyrne1110 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am trying to limit my daily carb intake to under 50g per day, but in order to avoid my body adjusting i like to spike it once a week by going to around 300g of carbs . I do carry the water weight for a couple days but my measurements dont budge at all so i just avoid the scale for a couple days.
  • Evaerd
    Evaerd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went entirely off sugar for a few weeks and then drank a glass of chocolate milk and it was so gross cause I could just taste the sugar in it.
  • karirenae
    karirenae Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Do you ever notice that you lose more after a cheat day?
  • patrickwharton13
    patrickwharton13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rhalso wrote: »
    This is my first real planned cheat day after a week of perfect diet and good results
    BUT… I did not enjoy it that much, all the food I used to crave was not as good as i thought it would be and now, I feel sick and bloated.

Do you feel that way about your cheat days sometimes ?

Every time i cheat my belly hurts. Its probably because your bodys not used to that much bad stuff coming in your system at once
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why bother with a cheat day if it's going to leave you feeling sick afterwards?

IIFYM - eat the foods you like whilst consuming nutritionally dense foods. Easy, right?
    karirenae wrote: »
    Do you ever notice that you lose more after a cheat day?

How would a cheat day make you lose more? Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit.
    jbyrne1110 wrote: »
    I am trying to limit my daily carb intake to under 50g per day, but in order to avoid my body adjusting i like to spike it once a week by going to around 300g of carbs . I do carry the water weight for a couple days but my measurements dont budge at all so i just avoid the scale for a couple days.

What's the point in this? I'm not entirely sure.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've never thought of it as "cheat" days, but yes there are days I made the conscious decision to eat above maintenance. Very few times though because they generally do leave me feeling sick and bloated. Usually not worth it. Now, if I eat AT maintenance or even slightly above, that's fine as long as I log it and either make up for it later or accept that it will delay my weight loss. I think you're probably defining "cheat" as way above maintenance. To the point of being stuffed. My former self didn't mind that feeling but now I hate it.