Replies

• Brooke1076
    Brooke1076 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @atlassmom121 Oh man you have it hard.
  • atlassmom121
    atlassmom121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We get tons of good free beer and cider :neutral: it's part of the reason I'm the way I am. Feel free to add me as well!
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Brooke1076 wrote: »
    Hi all! I want to not drink any alcohol in the month of August to see if this helps with my weight loss. Is anyone else in the same boat and wants to join me? I love my after-work vodka's but they are too many empty calories!

Aug 2 -
    Aug 9 -
    Aug 16 -
    Aug 23 -
    Aug 30 -

I am in! Add me as a friend

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Coming over from the dry July thread... I went 3/4 of July with no alcohol and I lost some weight, saved money, but the best part was what it did to my skin. I literally look younger. I want to continue into August!
  • goliv
    goliv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Definitely need the motivation. Have a vacation trip coming up at the end of the month, but hopefully I can see it through!
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound like a cliché but I'm an Irish guy so you can imagine the culture of drinking here.

I think this is a great idea.

• teresais2
    teresais2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in..................but I need your help. Let's Do This! Once and for all!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • sharneymc59
    sharneymc59 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke only 50 calories sorry good luck
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just back from a two week holiday and my liver needs the break! Feel free to add me :)
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Alcohol is my biggest downfall... Generally have rum, brandy, cider or champagne.

Add me if you like!
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Ok so I went 3 weeks in july and just blew it the first 2 days of aug..... seriously today no more for the rest of the month......... how is everyone else doing?
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I work at a bar so that makes things a bit challenging. Especially when my boss is like "you want a beer?" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
  • Brooke1076
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I find myself literally having to think of things to do to fill my time. I think I'm going to download some books.
  • Brooke1076
    Options
    @tat2cookie That must be HARD!!! Hang in there!!
  • Brooke1076
    Options
    @tmbg1 How much did you end up losing in July?
  • Monarose
    Monarose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Alright. I honestly failed horribly this weekend. But we were at a memorial birthday party and I couldn't offend the parents. But I'm still in this. Better two days late than never...? I also gained like 5 pounds this weekend too. I have been punished.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I also did dry July and had my first real day of drinking this past Saturday. Definitely reminded myself why I decided to cut back in the first place. Too much alcohol and not enough food led to a pretty bad hangover on Sunday. Back at it today and plan to keep the drinking at a minimum the rest of the month.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Ha. So easy. No alcohol since November 15 1982. :)
  • tmbg1
    Options
    I lost a total of 8 so far... 6 from when I gave up alcohol. Hope my two day slip didn't make me gain.