Replies

• msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I did drink yesterday though, so it would be starting today? X
  • leanlicorice
    leanlicorice Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes! This group is exactly what I needed! I love beer and wine and my husband is a terrible tempter and enabler! I have been dry for over a week and keen to continue. Good luck everyone!
  • leanlicorice
    leanlicorice Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Ha. So easy. No alcohol since November 15 1982. :)

Well done!
  • jstyles49
    jstyles49 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I began three weeks ago I swore off drinking because I want all my calories to come from food and not liquor or juice. However, last week I had one beer and two drinks the previous week. Since it's hard for me to see everyone else drinking around me, I opt to not attend social gatherings it's difficult, but the only way I knew how to stay on course.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    HA! I should do this, but I turn 40 this August, so I don't think that's happening! .... I'll save the calories elsewhere this month. Great idea, though!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Withdrawal headache today. A sign that I have been drinking way too much lately! :(
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You guys are so inspiring!!! I may get into the game in a week or so. Keep up the good work. I definitely want to cut down - wine at night is so relaxing.
  • LadiiStar2812
    LadiiStar2812 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • annikae1
    annikae1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really admirable movement here. I would like to save money, save calories, and fight addiction, but at this point, I'm only ready to commit to not buying alcohol this month. I'll finish an open bottle of wine that I have, and if a friend happens to bring over more, I don't think I can resist.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Made it through today.. Determined to keep august dry!
  • Babybu2014
    Babybu2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A bit late to this thread but would like to join in. Drinking way too much the past few years and need to cut back drastically. Going on holiday next week though but will try my best X
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OK - I am committing to tonight. No wine tonight.
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in, don't need the calories and I tend to eat when I have a drink, or especially AFTER I've had a drink.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm in, don't need the calories and I tend to eat when I have a drink, or especially AFTER I've had a drink.

That my issue too. It's not so much the calories in the drink but when I start eating after I have a drink..... Or 2...... Or 5! Lol
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Whoa I'm in! Add me! I told hubbie I'm staying dry for august because I need to be 10lbs lighter by my bday beginning September. Alcohol IS the reason my weight is not going down. Vicious cycle. I've already seen the scale budge :) if your minds there, you can do it! Long weekend just passed and I sat drinking water at the beach while all the family endulged. I happily dubbed myself the dd. I'm realizing not getting buzzed with them doesn't effect my enjoyment. Still have just as much fun, just sober which I actually like better! Best of luck!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I have to cut it, I've been going ham lately!

Feel free to add me! <3
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Add me. I never had a belly before and thinking its from booze (red wine girl). Trish
  • POM1003
    POM1003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brook1076, please send me another friend request...deleted last one by accident !!
  • LovelyladiC
    LovelyladiC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I"m up for the challenge!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Whoa I'm in! Add me! I told hubbie I'm staying dry for august because I need to be 10lbs lighter by my bday beginning September. Alcohol IS the reason my weight is not going down. Vicious cycle. I've already seen the scale budge :) if your minds there, you can do it! Long weekend just passed and I sat drinking water at the beach while all the family endulged. I happily dubbed myself the dd. I'm realizing not getting buzzed with them doesn't effect my enjoyment. Still have just as much fun, just sober which I actually like better! Best of luck!!!

Yes to both of these things! I went dry for 3 weeks in July and dropped 6 pounds and I actually really enjoyed not drinking when I was out. I always felt rested in the mornings and saved so much money.

This past Saturday I drank at a friends BBQ and decided it wasn't worth it. Went way over on my calories and felt horrible on Sunday. Just what I needed to remind me to keep it to a minimum.