No Alcohol August

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Made it through today.. Determined to keep august dry!

Well done!

I'm still dry as well, my bank balance will like this challenge as well lol
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I drink wine so I don't worry about empty calories because, anitoxidants B)

Seriously though, I have no doubt I'd lose weight on such a challenge, but it's not something I plan to do forever so not really worth it to me. But best of luck to you!
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yay! I did a "Dry July" and honestly, 5-6 pounds just fell off. I drank vodka sodas a little too regularly... and my husband and I found that drinking La Croix sparkling waters with lime were SUCH a good substitute to get us through. Congrats and see you on the other side!
  • Monarose
    Monarose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Considering I started only yesterday, this is my second day dry. Happy about it. I do have an impending concert tomorrow night so I'm not exactly sure how that will go over. Being the DD though so I'll won't be able to blow it too bad.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Had a rough day but I made it through! Even after having to work at the bar tonight! Wanted rum but I had tea instead.
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Haven't had any drinks this month so far. I loooove gin n tonics and raspberry ciders. Mmmm. But I don't mind going dry.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm all in! I started today and I plan on keeping alcohol out of my diet for good. My abs just don't get cut if I drink at all.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Made it through another day! Great night's sleep...I definitely sleep better without it, which is ironic because I thought wine was relaxing me in the evening.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Cindy. I also decided to do a 30 day run with no alcohol. My husband and I polish off a bottle or two most nights of the week. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoy it, but age is catching up with us and as the years and weight piles up we've decided to make healthier changes now while we still can. So, that being said, I'm going on day 5 today. I'm surprised that I haven't really had any cravings, just a passing thought. I'm pretty confident I can do the 30 days, I've done it before, my fear is what comes next. Because we enjoy that time together we generally slip back into that unhealthy practice thinking that we can control it, "only 1 bottle between us", "only certain days a week", "only with dinner" but before we know it we're back to the same old, same old. After a bottle, we lose our ability to control it. So, we'll take it day by day, starting now (actually Aug. 1st) and see what we can accomplish. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    @MyWhole30Journey - Same here...I have given it up before and then I have "just a glass with dinner" and it somehow spirals into 3-4 glasses every night. I am on day 4 in August as I didn't do too well on Aug 1-2. I think of the money I am saving and how my skin looks better. Good luck this month. We can do it!!
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Well, here it is, day #6. Woke up feeling great. Funny, I actually get to bed earlier when not drinking. I usually wake up hacking up mucus (sorry to be so graphic), I think it's because the wine is dehydrating. When I don't drink, I don't have this problem. I started the Whole30 program this month which requires no alcohol among other things. Usually I wouldn't bother to do it because I wouldn't want to give up the wine, in fact I once refused medication from my doctor because it required that I not drink! Well, wine and food catch up to you and I'm determined to make this change. WE CAN DO IT! Check in everyday. DON'T GIVE UP!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @MyWhole30Journey @tmbg1 - I relate so much to what you both said. My goal right now is to stop binge drinking but still allow myself to have a couple of drinks with dinner, happy hours, etc. I also have a tendency to let 2 drinks turn into 2 bottles, though. I'm going to see how I do trying to moderate over the next couple weeks - allowing myself to drink 1-2 nights a week, no more than 2 drinks each night. If those turn into binge drinking nights, then I'll go dry again.
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Still no alcohol and have lost 3.6 pounds this month. Of course I'm also tracking what I eat and trying to get in the 10,000 steps a day, but I am pretty sure the no alcohol is a big plus. Kudos to all the other abstainers.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    @MyWhole30Journey @tmbg1 - I relate so much to what you both said. My goal right now is to stop binge drinking but still allow myself to have a couple of drinks with dinner, happy hours, etc. I also have a tendency to let 2 drinks turn into 2 bottles, though. I'm going to see how I do trying to moderate over the next couple weeks - allowing myself to drink 1-2 nights a week, no more than 2 drinks each night. If those turn into binge drinking nights, then I'll go dry again.

Been there -- Done that. . . Hope it works for you. I wish it had worked for me because I really do enjoy my wine but it seems to have a mind of its own and takes control of me rather than the other way around.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Day 7 -- Still going strong. Very proud of myself so far, will keep going. . .
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Still in It too! Sparkling water was my drink of choice last night.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Proved to myself last night that I suck at having just 1 or 2 drinks. I really want to learn how to moderate - it's never been my strong suit, though, and I'm not really sure where to start. Going to attempt to go dry again, at least for the next couple weeks.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This is going to help you so much! I already quit, so I'll join you!
  • Monarose
    Monarose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Moderation with me is hard! One drink turns into 8 before I know it. I'm trying to steer clear altogether. This will be my first weekend dry in idk how long but if I can do it anyone can! Everyone keep up the good work. Best of Luck!!
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Still in It too! Sparkling water was my drink of choice last night.

I've been doing the sparkling water too. A nice sub I think.