Looking for someone to be my accountability buddy with strength training.

Options
i am new to working out and am looking to do it for 15 minutes a day. I am looking for someone or a group of people to do it with me every day and to check in with each other.

Replies

• supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fifteen minutes a day won't be long enough mate, that will just about cover a beginners HIIT session. Try heading over to http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan.html, and get yourself looking into some professionally written plans that are appropriate for your stage and get an idea of what to expect and what the workload will be like. Saying that, feel free to add :)
  • jakezola22
    jakezola22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really don't like woking out that's why I said 15 minutes. If it's longer then that I can't see myself doing it for long
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    jakezola22 wrote: »
    I really don't like woking out that's why I said 15 minutes. If it's longer then that I can't see myself doing it for long

You're not gonna get much done in 15 minutes for strength training...
  • jakezola22
    jakezola22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't need mass just definition.how long a day would that take?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Definition? That comes from a lower body fat percentage... which comes from a caloric deficit.

OP I'm not entirely confident in your knowledge of body fat/strength training... are you sure you know what you're doing to achieve your goals?

I cannot tell you how long it takes to get a lower body fat percentage, because lower is a subjective term... and it depends on how big your deficit is, how much weight you have to lose etc...

Oh and... strength... it's not entirely tailored to gaining muscle mass, it's more 'strength' really...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Longer than that. Those of us who strength train go anywhere from 45 min. at the lower end to 2 hours at the high end.

And ETA to agree you need to drop your body fat % to see definition, but strength train to save muscle as you lose.
  • gakandkim2015
    gakandkim2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is what I am going to start with too! I will be your buddy :smile:

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Then why bother at all.

Find something that you enjoy doing and will want to stick with. At the moment you're setting yourself up to fail before you've even begin.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I do about 90 minutes every second day.
    I really think that once you get into it you'll love it. 15 minutes is barely a warm up