What to add in smoothies?

Options
NFigurski
NFigurski Posts: 18 Member
I make fruit and veg smoothies all the time, I normally have one as my lunch but I was wondering what the best kind of like protein powder or something to add in? I'm 5'2" at 113 looking to be lean and tone.

Replies

• jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate banana smoothies:

One banana
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I like Trader Joe's if you have one available)
    1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 scoop protein powder (using Body Fortress chocolate now but want to get Optimum Nutrition next)
    1/2 cup fat free milk
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie everyday for lunch, which I add protein powder to.
    My diary is open if you want to take a look
  • camlbella
    camlbella Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt/cottage cheese (turst me on the cottage cheese, haha) are high in protein and will make your smoothie creamy and delicious! ON gold standard whey is always a great add-in, and for extra protein, some nut butter works well.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I always add a lot of whatever greens I have. Today it was romaine lettuce. And I always put in a few dashes of cinnamon powder.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Do you want smoothies to supplement your lunch or replace it as a meal? Primarily for fruit/veg content or for protein content?
  • NicoleK31
    NicoleK31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Some add in that I do to make smoothies more filling are: flax seeds, hemp hearts, Chia seeds, protein powder. This one specifically http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/m/p/genuine-health-vegan-proteins-double-chocolate-280-g-powder/9g-1017