To butter or not to butter ????

Options

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I just grab butter in the brown container. I have no idea if it's real or not. Didn't know there was such thing as fake butter.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i use both

First (fake) butter sprays or PAM has calories too. A full container of PAM has about 568 calories..you eat those:)
    So i calculate in my diary about 50 calories a day for what i call the "zero *kitten*" department. Just for these kinda things Because believe me it adds up too.
    I use popcorn spray also nothing ....right lol full container over 500 calories. So that 1/4 spray HAS calories and is NOT zero.
    for people who use a bit oke
    But i use a lot, so i calculate those. I do about 10 days with a spray so 50 to 70 calories A DAY right there.

the down part...it also dont calculate the fats you get, which you need in your diary. A shame too
    So i correct those too :)

and i use normal butter.

So popcorn and cooking an egg i use my sprays, meat i use butter etc

I do both!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BUTTER!!!!! But I usually use the stuff that has a better fat to calorie ratio than anything else.... I don't know if it's fake or not...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I just grab butter in the brown container. I have no idea if it's real or not. Didn't know there was such thing as fake butter.

Dat's a nudder budder.....

facebookDefault.png

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

facebookDefault.png

That's it No idea what nudder budder is.
  • SLLRunner
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i use both

First (fake) butter sprays or PAM has calories too. A full container of PAM has about 568 calories..you eat those:)
    So i calculate in my diary about 50 calories a day for what i call the "zero *kitten*" department. Just for these kinda things Because believe me it adds up too.
    I use popcorn spray also nothing ....right lol full container over 500 calories. So that 1/4 spray HAS calories and is NOT zero.
    for people who use a bit oke
    But i use a lot, so i calculate those. I do about 10 days with a spray so 50 to 70 calories A DAY right there.

the down part...it also dont calculate the fats you get, which you need in your diary. A shame too
    So i correct those too :)

and i use normal butter.

So popcorn and cooking an egg i use my sprays, meat i use butter etc

I do both!
    Whoa! I had no idea real butter Pam spray had that many calories!

• BWBTrish
    Options
    yep look on the containers it says somewhere how much a full container is lol
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Real butter makes me happy :)
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    ivqvigwq2yc6.jpg

orginal pam spray 680 calories in a container lol
  • SLLRunner
    Options

facebookDefault.png

Oh no, you didn't get my joke! That's another butter. Not the real thing.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    1/4 spray zero calories...RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTT lol the calories vaporize?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    The only reason I don't use real butter is because I'm lactose intolerant. Otherwise I'd use real butter. Since I can't, I use Smart Balance.

I'm lactose intolerant as well, and the only two things I can eat are butter and some brands of yogurt. If I eat ice cream, or cream of any kind, or regular cheeses (that are not lactose free), I have some major problems. But, not with butter.

I'm jelly. My belly knows if there is any lactose. Any. >:(
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    bad part is...this contains oils etc...but this is also not calculated...while we need it for our daily nutrition
  • BWBTrish
    Options

facebookDefault.png

lol sorry hehehe

• SLLRunner
    Options
    ivqvigwq2yc6.jpg

orginal pam spray 680 calories in a container lol

That's a lot.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    The only reason I don't use real butter is because I'm lactose intolerant. Otherwise I'd use real butter. Since I can't, I use Smart Balance.

I'm lactose intolerant as well, and the only two things I can eat are butter and some brands of yogurt. If I eat ice cream, or cream of any kind, or regular cheeses (that are not lactose free), I have some major problems. But, not with butter.

Bummer.

I have been eating Cabbot lactose free cheese which is delicious.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

facebookDefault.png

lol sorry hehehe

I think I'm going to take joke lessons or something.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Bummer.

The best thing about cheese... any cheese that has been aged over 30 days has no lactose in it. The lactose ages out of it. I eat me a lot of aged cheeses.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Bummer.

The best thing about cheese... any cheese that has been aged over 30 days has no lactose in it. The lactose ages out of it. I eat me a lot of aged cheeses.

I knew aged cheese don't have lactose, but I didn't realize it was cheese aged over 30 days. Thanks for the info.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Bummer.

I knew aged cheese don't have lactose, but I didn't realize it was cheese aged over 30 days. Thanks for the info.

:wink: Yep!