gaining muscle mass

Options
Trying to gain about 2 lbs a week. I weigh 205 right now and im eating around 250 g protien a day and about 240carbs, 70g fat. How should i adjust my macros??

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Gaining 2lb's a week?! Why? It's mainly going to be fat... or am I being stupid?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not being stupid.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Not being stupid.

ty

Also OP, your macros amount to 2590 calories... how on earth are you meant to be gaining 2lb's per week on that? Are you a dwarf?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not to mention that is an unnecessary amount of protein.
  • jamesgonzales353
    jamesgonzales353 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well damn i thought this was somewhere to find help not get slandered. Thanks any way
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Well damn i thought this was somewhere to find help not get slandered. Thanks any way

In no way are we slandering you... we're trying to help... but fine, whatever.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I don't think you know what slander means...

Anyway, people telling you to not gain at such a rapid pace or overdue it on protein =/= negative.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Even if you cycled ever drug under the sun 2 lbs of muscle growth a week would be a tall order. People go on bulks all the time and for most people it end in a long *kitten* cut. Then people say they lost all their gains, not realizing how fat they got.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's not slander. They were all simple statements. But we need more information. What kind of lifting program are you doing? How long have you been lifting? Do you know your body fat %?

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Well that went downhill fast.

There are tons of people in this section with advice on gaining muscle and real experience. Forget what you think you know and be receptive to advice; you can learn a lot around here.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Trying to gain about 2 lbs a week. I weigh 205 right now and im eating around 250 g protien a day and about 240carbs, 70g fat. How should i adjust my macros??
    Where's the fire?
    Its more shock and concern than anything, not "slander." Two pounds a week is helluva lot a weight and especially someone at 205 currently.
    psulemon wrote: »
    It's not slander. They were all simple statements. But we need more information. What kind of lifting program are you doing? How long have you been lifting? Do you know your body fat %?
    ^ This
  • jamesgonzales353
    Options
    Im doing powerbuilding routine working with josh bryant. Brand new to this. Before working with him i was 185 in sep14 and jan 15 i was weighing 210 staying around 13%bf the whole time.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Im doing powerbuilding routine working with josh bryant. Brand new to this. Before working with him i was 185 in sep14 and jan 15 i was weighing 210 staying around 13%bf the whole time.

Wait, you're working with Josh Bryant? Why don't you just continue to follow his advice?
  • LolBroScience
    Options

-.- you're working with Josh Bryant and are looking here for diet advice then? Shouldn't he provide oversite to your diet during the training blocks? Are you training with specific athletic goals in mind such as competition for powerlifting, strongman, etc?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Working with someone in the business and you're looking for advice? Sounds odd.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jamesgonzales353
    Options
    Hes just doing my powerbuilding routine for now. I havent talked to him about nutrition yet due to funds. I have seen incredible strength gains with him though and put on good size with doing my macros but i know theres more potiential.
  • jamesgonzales353
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Working with someone in the business and you're looking for advice? Sounds odd.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I want to do my first bodybuilding show next may.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Hes just doing my powerbuilding routine for now. I havent talked to him about nutrition yet due to funds. I have seen incredible strength gains with him though and put on good size with doing my macros but i know theres more potiential.

Talk to him about it, I'm sure he'd be willing to work with you on that front.
  • jamesgonzales353
    Options
    I just emailed him. I dont know why i didnt think of asking him before.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    slander: I do not think this word means what you think it means.