What do you like to eat for breakfast?

Options
I'm currently aiming for 1200 a day and having a hard time finding a good breakfast that fills me up for a few hours without overloading on calories, carbs, and sugars. What do you allike to eat as your first meal of the day?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day, generally eggs and fruit or grilled chicken breast and fruit. A few more carbs on lifting days.
  • rlmckenzie7
    rlmckenzie7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is one egg, one slice of turkey, two tbs of Jack's salsa and half an english muffin :)
    My other favorite is blending a frozen banana and 3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt with some cinnamon!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a crustless quiche. I do 4 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup of skim milk and then add in whatever sauteed vegetables/toppings I want.
    My favorite is bacon/cabbage for 144 calories per 1/4 of the pan
    We also like BLT (bacon, spinach, tomato) for 132 calories per 1/4 of the pan

Any meats, cheeses, and veggies can be mixed up to your liking and it's really easy to make 1-2 and eat them all week.
  • becauseofholly
    becauseofholly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You should look for protein and fiber rich foods. I usually have a cup of Greek yogurt (140 cal) and a banana (100 cal) or a Multigrain English muffin (130 cal) with peanut butter (200 cal) and a banana (100 cal). Either option lasts me about 4 hours until I feel hungry again. Also, try to fill up on water.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bottled egg whites are amazing! I'll have like 5 servings of egg whites for some great low calorie, high volume protein. Then maybe some (100g) baked/seasoned potato chunks that I keep on hand in the fridge, with some nice cheese on top..it's really good!! Add some hot sauce if that's what you're in to. .all for less than 350 calories!

• hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg with tomato and a little bit of cheese. Sometimes I add onion and bell pepper and spinach.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    3 eggs with an ounce of cheese, peppers and mushrooms, a slice of bacon and butter in the pan. I like it and it fills me up. That's about 400 calories out of my 1500-1800. (Obviously you could make some swaps - egg whites, less eggs, less cheese, pam instead of butter)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat & fiber are filling

Greek yogurt parfait - Greek yogurt, berries, Fiber One, a few nuts....2% Greek if you don't like nuts

Oatmeal made with milk (for protein) and a sprinkle of cinnamon & nuts.
  • mae3599
    mae3599 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oat will be good... usually I ate a big apple at the morning... easy good and healthy it can keep u hydrated and feel fullish
  • rebrud1
    rebrud1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to have a shake made with Trader Joes Soy Protein Powder (I only use one scoop, not the full serving of two scoops) and 1 cup of frozen berries, maybe some greens. Add water or unsweetened almond milk and whirr in my Nutribullet. Keeps me full all morning. If I have time to eat at home, I'll have eggs or egg whites and some toast. I like to add a grilled tomato if I have some in the house.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day and I've been loving oatmeal for breakfast, made with semi skimmed milk. Fills me up until lunch.
  • jimmy_jama
    jimmy_jama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the following (125Kcal): 125g liquid egg white, 1 slice of cooked ham, 25g Broccoli, 35g tomato, 8g red bell pepper and top off with 25g reduced salt & sugar ketchup.

That lot keeps me going from 7am through to 12:30 ish
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Bacon and waffles.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    TiaGia101 wrote: »
    I'm currently aiming for 1200 a day and having a hard time finding a good breakfast that fills me up for a few hours without overloading on calories, carbs, and sugars. What do you allike to eat as your first meal of the day?
    I eat oat meal and eggs with some fresh fruit/veggie juice.
    My calorie limit in higher, but 1 egg, a serving of oatmeal and 12 oz of juice comes to around 400 calories.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    lately- fiber one cereal with a handful of blueberries and cup of almond milk.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I learned to make omelets from a professional chef, so a 2 egg omelet is my personal favorite and specialty. I add a few spices and peppers to taste. I don't have time to do this everyday, but it's become a weekend ritual making omelets to order for the family on Sunday mornings.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually have eggs with oats or eggs with beans and smothered in Hatch NM chiles, or eggs with curried lentils.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I discovered that if I eat protein for breakfast I'm not hungry until lunch time. So even if I'm eating more calories at breakfast it still isn't as much as I was eating for breakfast and a mid-morning snack.

-- grapes and cottage cheese -- lately I'm eating this for practically all three meals. lol. We have THE BEST red grapes in the market right now so I'm eating them while I can
    -- sauteed veggies of whatever I have -- I like mushrooms, peppers, spinach, and tomato -- with one egg and some egg whites from the carton.
    -- scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese
    -- peanut butter on sprouted multi-grain bread
    -- sliced chicken/turkey and cheese
    -- low-carb muffins with some butter
    -- oatmeal -- I like steel-cut or regular oats (not the quick-cooking kind) because I like the chewiness.

Those are my main breakfasts. And coffee, of course! lol
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love low-calorie toast with peanut butter and half a banana.
  • DalilaTheTraitor2014
    Options
    2 bananas mix with 2 cups of spinich and fat free milk to make a great healthy shake ;)