Weightloss stalls

Please Help!!! Does anyone have any advise on getting past a Weightloss stall? Please don't say reduce calories or that I must be taking in to many calories. I had sleeve surgery 3 months ago so my calorie intake is only between 500-800 a day! I exercise and I measure everything I eat but I can't seem to get past this 3 week stall... It seem crazy to me that I'm not losing when I'm getting so few calories in. Please help!!!

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    • Talk to your surgeon's recommended dietitian for specific advice.
    • Measure measure measure (accurately).
    • Log log log (accurately).
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    500-800 is dangerously low on calorie intake. Minimum for a woman is around 1200. If you have been in a calorie restriction for some time then your body ( metabolism) has adapted and slowed down to the decrease in energy supply. This is what happens when you cut calories to extreme lows.
    What you need to do is repair your metabilism by " reverse dieting". Please look this term up and read about it.
    But basically add about 100-150 calories back into your daily diet for a week and watch your weight. If you stay the same, then bump it up and add another 100-150 calories the next week. If you gain any weight, then dont increase again just wait another week and see what happens. Keep doing these small calorie adds and eventually you will get your metabolism back to find what your true maintenance level calorie intake is.
    THEN you can start a new calorie deficit and try to lose fat. A reasonable deficit would be 300-500 calories below TDEE c

Reverse diet.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    I agree the 500-800 sounds low, and it is. I can't see your diary, so I can't really speak to what you're eating and what may be off on calorie estimates. That is likely to be the issue, but only a dietitian can tell you. They can also tell you how to best get your required nutrients, at proper calorie levels, in your reduced volume of food. Teh internetz can tell you all sorts of stuff that works for them, but only your dietitian can provide proper, specific guidance for you.
  • misslissa2u
    misslissa2u Posts: 4 Member
    I know the calories are low but after sleeve surgery your stomach goes from about 60oz in size to about 4-6oz in size... I can only eat a few bites of food before I'm full... As it is I can't even eat a whole egg in one sitting. Upping my calories would mean I would need to start eating unhealthy things with more calories in them...
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Seek professional advice.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I know the calories are low but after sleeve surgery your stomach goes from about 60oz in size to about 4-6oz in size... I can only eat a few bites of food before I'm full... As it is I can't even eat a whole egg in one sitting. Upping my calories would mean I would need to start eating unhealthy things with more calories in them...

Talk to your doctor, but it's likely just water retention. Remember weight is not just fat. If you are in a deficit, you are losing fat and sooner or later you'll lose weight regardless of water.