I need to get my butt in gear!

Options
alord426
alord426 Posts: 129 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
I don't know what my problem is! I can't seem to lose these last 25lbs that I had gained from having baby #2! I will be 8 months pp in a few days and I am just so mad at myself. I lost 121lbs after I had my oldest who is now 5. It took me 3 years to do it, but I did it! I just simply can't understand why I can't seem to keep myself motivated to exercise and lose these last few pounds?!?!

I will workout for a few weeks then stop. My weight is staying within the 171-175lb range and thankfully doesn't go over 175 but still... I feel like my body is comfortable at this weight but I am not and I am not comfortable with body right now. I know what to do and how to do it but then I seem to let go.

I feel so lost :/ I know stress can be a factor and I have been more stressed than ever these last few months but I can't let excuses get in the way!

Can anyone relate or give any advice???

Replies

• mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can relate I have been struggling as well but just trying to take it one day at a time. Try focusing on what you can do and just go with it. I am unhappy with my body but I know it's up to me to stop making excuses and just do it. Good luck I'm here if you need support! :)
  • alord426
    Options
    Thank you sweetie!! :)
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think tiredness plays a factor. I find with 2 kids I'm just not getting enough sleep so I crave more food and exercise less. I've got 25kg to lose.
    Stress also makes it harder to lose because it increases the stress hormone cortisol which causes weight gain and muscle wastage.
    Can you try to reduce your stress by doing relaxation or another great trick is to use the "worry time" app in which you only let yourself worry about things at specific times.

Good luck and be kind to yourself.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Don't stop exercising and watching what you eat. Be as consistent in those things as you are in getting up each morning to do what needs to be done. The biggest part is finding a routine that works for your schedule.
  • alord426
    Options
    BlackPup wrote: »
    I think tiredness plays a factor. I find with 2 kids I'm just not getting enough sleep so I crave more food and exercise less. I've got 25kg to lose.
    Stress also makes it harder to lose because it increases the stress hormone cortisol which causes weight gain and muscle wastage.
    Can you try to reduce your stress by doing relaxation or another great trick is to use the "worry time" app in which you only let yourself worry about things at specific times.

Good luck and be kind to yourself.

Thank you! I hate that I am stressing so much lately. I haven't stressed this much in years! I know that is playing a factor but I can't let that be an excuse. I try to take a nice hot, relaxing bath in the evenings but that doesn't always happen. I will look into the "worry time" app :)

• alord426
    Options
    Don't stop exercising and watching what you eat. Be as consistent in those things as you are in getting up each morning to do what needs to be done. The biggest part is finding a routine that works for your schedule.

My workout time is usually at 4:30/5am when I wake up. If for some reason I don't do it at that time from being up all night with the baby then I do it when I get home from work in the evening but I do enjoy early morning workouts. I just don't understand why I seem to get "bored" with my workouts when I love working out!!! I feel like I can't stay committed when I know I want and need to do this! Does that make sense?